PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 08:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Telus HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

deadshawn is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
6.5 Wont run on my Device...

I use to be able to get 6.5 roms to work fine. However I was riding front passenger in a car in april, the car went off the highway and landed in a small lake.

Now, I'm fine, but my phone is not. After the accident the phone wouldn't even boot, about a month later I flashed it to another 6.5 rom but again, it wouldn't boot. I kept trying rom after rom to no avail, then, I tried the stock Telus rom - that works fine. The only issue with the stock rom is it, seemingly randomly, calls the last number dialed. I tried intxROM 1.6 which *mostly* worked fine.

Now when I flash to a 6.5 first I re-flash the stock telus rom, then Iflash the 6.5 rom, then I clear the storage, and this is when it won't turn back on.

If I don't clear the storage it will run fine in till it restarts.

I suppose my first question in does anybody know if this can be fixed?

And if not, are there any 6.1 roms that have TF2 and the Tachi dialer?
Old 06-22-2009, 09:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell
Re: 6.5 Wont run on my Device...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadshawn View Post
I use to be able to get 6.5 roms to work fine. However I was riding front passenger in a car in april, the car went off the highway and landed in a small lake.

Now, I'm fine, but my phone is not. After the accident the phone wouldn't even boot, about a month later I flashed it to another 6.5 rom but again, it wouldn't boot. I kept trying rom after rom to no avail, then, I tried the stock Telus rom - that works fine. The only issue with the stock rom is it, seemingly randomly, calls the last number dialed. I tried intxROM 1.6 which *mostly* worked fine.

Now when I flash to a 6.5 first I re-flash the stock telus rom, then Iflash the 6.5 rom, then I clear the storage, and this is when it won't turn back on.

Please confirm, are you flashing the Shipped or Stock rom before you flash wm6.5
Old 06-22-2009, 09:53 PM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

Quote:

first off, wrong section, you will be flamed, just a fair warning...

secondly sounds as if your phone is damaged, take it into the carriers store and see about a warranty replacement. (dont forget to relock before taking it back)

have a good day!
Old 06-22-2009, 10:05 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

sounds like LD to the device so no warranty will cover it, better have insurance. Also sorry about the "joyride" hope everything is in working condition(besides the device) See if you can get a replacement device.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 06-22-2009, 10:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiznith View Post
first off, wrong section, you will be flamed, just a fair warning...

secondly sounds as if your phone is damaged, take it into the carriers store and see about a warranty replacement. (dont forget to relock before taking it back)

have a good day!
There is probably water damage, so a warranty swap is most likely out of the question
Old 06-22-2009, 10:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Telus HTC Touch Diamond
Threadstarter

deadshawn is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell View Post
Please confirm, are you flashing the Shipped or Stock rom before you flash wm6.5
It is the shipped rom, my mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell View Post
There is probably water damage, so a warranty swap is most likely out of the question
Correct, the little tab under the cover has changed colour. Warranty is no longer good.

And like I said the shipped rom works fine, it's just any 6.5 roms that wont work... It's very strange. I may have to end up cooking my own 6.1 roms in the future...
Old 06-23-2009, 09:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

WithoutRemorse is just getting started

Quote:
It is the shipped rom, my mistake

Correct, the little tab under the cover has changed colour. Warranty is no longer good.

And like I said the shipped rom works fine, it's just any 6.5 roms that wont work... It's very strange. I may have to end up cooking my own 6.1 roms in the future...
Hrm... the fact that you can get anything working at all would seem to me that water is not the problem... I have actually washed a phone before and had it still work properly after... the key is not to turn it on until its completely dry.

ok..... try this, if you need to get 6.5 working... cus I've often had problems with 6.5

1. Flash to the last rom that worked... 6.1 or otherwise. Let it boot entirely.
2. Clear the internal storage (back it up first if you want)
3. Then do a hard reset - buttons method.
4. When the rom gets to the "Align Screen" page. Plug it in and flash to the rom of your choice.

I'm not entirely sure what the rationale here is but it seems to work. Also I've come to the conclusion/opinion that 6.5 somehow used the internal storage. if the internal storage gets corrupt or there aren't the right files there things get wonky. I also think the idea of flashing at the Align Screen page prevents all the crap from getting installed.

I was initially under the same impression that 6.5 wouldnt work on my device. Ive repeatedly used this method and it works fine now.

good luck.

Cheers,

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development