PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2009, 11:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond

dakota-boy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
flashing alltel diamond on vzw network?

Can anybody help me out with this, i am surfing and searching, but am kind of getting confused, i have always been a blackberry user, and now have a htc touch diamond from alltel that i want to activate on vzw network. Can anybody help me out? i am not sure what programs to download to get in to change settings in the registry (if i read right, i have to do that) and what roms to download/not download. I am not new to computers or windows, just new to the windows mobile devices. Thanks for any help!
Old 06-21-2009, 12:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

bigmoe88 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to bigmoe88
Re: flashing alltel diamond on vzw network?

Wrong place to post. This is only for downloading and installing ROM's. If you need information on flashing an Alltel phone onto the Verizon network you should go to the general discussion area in the HTC Diamond area found here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66

There is alot of information out there on flashing a Verizon ROM onto any CDMA Diamond, but I don't think Verizon is allowing activation of those phones anymore. It was allowed for about two weeks.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:14 PM
ksg
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, TP1, Kaiser, Apache & HP iPAQ hx2495b
Carrier: Verizon (formerly Alltel)

ksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota-boy View Post
Can anybody help me out with this, i am surfing and searching, but am kind of getting confused, i have always been a blackberry user, and now have a htc touch diamond from alltel that i want to activate on vzw network. Can anybody help me out? i am not sure what programs to download to get in to change settings in the registry (if i read right, i have to do that) and what roms to download/not download. I am not new to computers or windows, just new to the windows mobile devices. Thanks for any help!
If you're in a non-divested Alltel market, chances are Verizon will activate the Allel phone "as-is." They're essentially one in the same company now. Just call up 611 (from your phone) or Verizon directly and give them the MEID. All of the Alltel ESN/MEIDs should now be in the Verizon database.

Otherwise, you'd need to HARD SPL, load a Verizon ROM, load the Verizon PRI (if it didn't come w/ the Verizon ROM), load a verizon PRL and then activate OTA ("*228")

Last edited by ksg; 06-21-2009 at 01:16 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:25 PM
ksg
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, TP1, Kaiser, Apache & HP iPAQ hx2495b
Carrier: Verizon (formerly Alltel)

ksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoe88 View Post
There is alot of information out there on flashing a Verizon ROM onto any CDMA Diamond, but I don't think Verizon is allowing activation of those phones anymore. It was allowed for about two weeks.
Verizon Wireless has purchased Alltel. Please see:

http://www.alltel.com/wps/portal/All...ts_merger.html

Activating an Alltel phone on Verizon should just be a phone call. Activating an Alltel phone on Sprint however is a whole different story.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

bigmoe88 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to bigmoe88

Sorry, I was unaware of that.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:52 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dakota-boy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoe88 View Post
Wrong place to post. This is only for downloading and installing ROM's. If you need information on flashing an Alltel phone onto the Verizon network you should go to the general discussion area in the HTC Diamond area found here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66

My bad, This is my first time on these forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksg View Post
If you're in a non-divested Alltel market, chances are Verizon will activate the Allel phone "as-is." They're essentially one in the same company now. Just call up 611 (from your phone) or Verizon directly and give them the MEID. All of the Alltel ESN/MEIDs should now be in the Verizon database.

Otherwise, you'd need to HARD SPL, load a Verizon ROM, load the Verizon PRI (if it didn't come w/ the Verizon ROM), load a verizon PRL and then activate OTA ("*228")
I appreciate it, i have already called up verizon, and gave him the meid number, but they could not find it or something, the guy told me to go into a store and see if the technician would flash it over for me to activate it, but the tech in my city is a b**ch who hates her job and wouldnt warranty a phone if it had a little bit of wear and tear on one corner of it, so that's probably out of the question. I'll try to do all the stuff you mentioned there on it and see what happens. Thanks!
Old 06-22-2009, 07:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Verizon

cataclysm13 knows their stuffcataclysm13 knows their stuffcataclysm13 knows their stuffcataclysm13 knows their stuffcataclysm13 knows their stuffcataclysm13 knows their stuffcataclysm13 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to cataclysm13 Send a message via Yahoo to cataclysm13

Is the phone currently active on the alltel network?

Old 06-23-2009, 08:44 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dakota-boy is a n00b

nope, hasnt been active for about a year

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development