PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2009, 04:23 PM
Lurker

ClintonH is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New guy, few questions. :)

Thought I'd introduce myself, just joined and just got an HTC Diamond for my wife and myself. It was time to upgrade finally (contract was up through Rogers) so we switched to Bell and got the 2 phones free and $30 off 2 data plans per month. Anyway they seem like great phones and I can't wait to try some of the roms you guys have built and are willing to share.

Now for the questions if anyone has a second. I wanted to know if there are any full screen keyboards that will run in landscape mod for texting? If there is can anyone link me to where I might find one, I read through quite a few posts but the work keyboard pops up in quite a few.

Second is there a way to force the phone to use WiFi for browsing and updating weather etc.. instead of using the data connection? I'd rather update and download off my WiFi (free) instead of waisting my data MB's.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer, I'm sure I'll have more questions and hurdls as I get used to my first Winmobile phone.

Clinton
Old 06-07-2009, 04:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: New guy, few questions. :)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65921
Old 06-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

epiphany9x is a n00b

What Bonz here is saying is to post all future questions in this forum:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66

Don't post in CDMA Upgrades, this forum is only for ROM upgrades.

Now I'd like to be noob friendly, but first let me remind you that there is a "search" feature in this forum and many people will be unfriendly if your question is easily answered through search since you are wasting (waisting...) other peoples' time by not thinking for yourself.

Full screen keyboards:
SPB Keyboard. You will have to pay for it, but it is a HUGE keyboard.

TouchPal: Not full QWERTY, but it uses T+ technology which does quite well in predicting your text input and so makes the buttons bigger, eliminating the need for a full screen keyboard. Similar to the "Block Input" SIP (software input keyboard). You will have to pay for it, but it's sooo worth it.

EZInput: The free option. Some ROMs don't have it... find and install the most recent EZInput (fine, I'll find it for you just this once : http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...hlight=ezinput ) and you will have access to better keyboards. I recommend the Block Input, it will basically stick two letters into one button and predict the word you are typing.

TO CHANGE KEYBOARDS: While the keyboard is open, hit the arrow on the bottom middle of the screen and it will let you select.

TO DISABLE DATA WHILE ON WIFI: In TouchFlo3d (the slick interface you are using), go to the Settings tab, and hit "Communications". Here are the switches for your radios. Disable the Data Connection and enable WiFi, and connect to a wifi network. It should now use the wifi network instead of Data.

TO VERIFY THE DATA CONNECTION IS CLOSED: In your signal bar, you don't see two arrows pointing left and right. You only see the signal. If you see two arrows on top of the signal, the data connection is active and any internet usage can go through it.

YOU JUST CAUSED ME TO WASTE 15 MINUTES OF MY TIME TYPING AND CONSIDERING THIS BECAUSE YOU COULDN'T DO IT YOURSELF. IM ONLY DOING THIS JUST THIS ONCE. NEXT TIME SEARCH!! And welcome. One of the joys of having a WM6 phone is that you will slowly figure out how to do many, many things with your phone, increasing its capability over time, and finding out how to repair and set everything exactly how you want it. You will have to learn how to do this yourself. Over time you will know exactly how to handle your phone. But you will have to put in the effort to learn. The truth is, WM 6 is for the tinkerer - it sucks by itself and takes a lot of tinkering to fix it so it runs well. If you are not willing to do this, you're going to have to live with a crippled phone, or a Blackberry. Go UNLOCK YOUR PHONE, then get a ROM. I recommend MightyROM 4, the only dedicated WM 6.1 ROM still available (the rest are WM 6.5, but you should get used to 6.1 before trying 6.5). BUT UNLOCK FIRST. It's scary at first, but after a while you will do this like 3 times a day.

Last edited by epiphany9x; 06-07-2009 at 05:06 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:00 PM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

welcome to the site
Old 06-07-2009, 05:52 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ClintonH is a n00b

Sorry wont happen again.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:54 PM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

no big deal, we just ask u search before posting questions. some sre nicer than others
Old 06-07-2009, 07:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

epiphany9x is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiznith View Post
no big deal, we just ask u search before posting questions. some sre nicer than others
yea couldnt have said it better...
Old 06-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ClintonH is a n00b

Thanks, I did try a search first but I couldn't find what I was looking for, no big deal. I my have wasted your time with this post anyway I think the phones will be going back tomorrow as the wifes is having issues already and I can't seem to figure them and it's only the second day we've had them. I was trying to do a hard reset but it seem this phone wont even do that. Thanks again for taking the time to reply to my previous post, I do feel bad for wasting your time.

Clinton
Old 06-07-2009, 09:42 PM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintonH View Post
Thanks, I did try a search first but I couldn't find what I was looking for, no big deal. I my have wasted your time with this post anyway I think the phones will be going back tomorrow as the wifes is having issues already and I can't seem to figure them and it's only the second day we've had them. I was trying to do a hard reset but it seem this phone wont even do that. Thanks again for taking the time to reply to my previous post, I do feel bad for wasting your time.

Clinton
oh man that sucks. well hope to get you to the realm via touch pro.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintonH View Post
I was trying to do a hard reset but it seem this phone wont even do that. Thanks again for taking the time to reply to my previous post, I do feel bad for wasting your time.
These are the type of problems that you can definitely get help with here. You just want to 1) make sure you are familiar with site rules, policies and etiquette. 2) be patient and not give up too quickly.

To hard reset your phone turn the phone off. Then, while the phone is off, hold in the volume down button. Keep holding it, then also press and hold in the round center or "return" button. Keep holding it, then also press and hold the top "power" button. At this point you are holding in 3 buttons together and after a few seconds of holding them the screen will turn white. Then, just follow the on-screen instructions.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development