PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2009, 10:21 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ClintonH is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New guy, few questions. :)

Thanks, I'll have to try that method out. The manual states to have the phone on, press and hold the down volume and enter button then hit reset. But this did not work it just gave me a soft reset every time. Any idea if a hard reset would help with the phone locking up after it goes into standby or hibernation, that's one of the problems with this phone.

Clinton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
These are the type of problems that you can definitely get help with here. You just want to 1) make sure you are familiar with site rules, policies and etiquette. 2) be patient and not give up too quickly.

To hard reset your phone turn the phone off. Then, while the phone is off, hold in the volume down button. Keep holding it, then also press and hold in the round center or "return" button. Keep holding it, then also press and hold the top "power" button. At this point you are holding in 3 buttons together and after a few seconds of holding them the screen will turn white. Then, just follow the on-screen instructions.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintonH View Post
Thanks, I'll have to try that method out. The manual states to have the phone on, press and hold the down volume and enter button then hit reset. But this did not work it just gave me a soft reset every time. Any idea if a hard reset would help with the phone locking up after it goes into standby or hibernation, that's one of the problems with this phone.
Yes, use the method I described. It is also physically easier to perform.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

cesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to cesium Send a message via MSN to cesium

when the phone is on, you need to hold down the power button, vol down, center button, and the reset hole simultaneously for a few seconds
Old 06-07-2009, 11:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS

EnemyNSA is just getting started

Its a tricky maneuver at first for sure, took me a while to figure out how to do all that with only two hands
Old 06-08-2009, 09:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

WithoutRemorse is just getting started

Don't give up on the diamond!.... after having mine for a few weeks, I went out and purchased 8 of these htc's (2 touch pro's and 6 diamonds). Initially they are cumbersome and a little awkward. But after a few weeks of struggling the learning curve goes through the roof.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:15 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WithoutRemorse View Post
Don't give up on the diamond!.... after having mine for a few weeks, I went out and purchased 8 of these htc's (2 touch pro's and 6 diamonds). Initially they are cumbersome and a little awkward. But after a few weeks of struggling the learning curve goes through the roof.
8 of them?!
...wow...
Old 06-08-2009, 04:58 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Can I have one?
Old 06-08-2009, 09:35 PM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

Quote:
shoot, have, can I just borrow a TP...lol
Old 06-08-2009, 09:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

stravy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_reeseboy View Post
8 of them?!
...wow...
what...nobody else has eight of them...

one at the home office, one in the master bedroom, one in the den, one in the master bath, one in the guest bath (in case i dont make it to the master in time), one in my car, one in the wife's car, and one at the office at work...lol

back on topic...yes i agree with withoutremorse...give it some time...you will love it
Old 06-09-2009, 02:00 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ClintonH is a n00b

Thanks for all the replys and suggestions, they went back today. Loved the phone and interface but the reception was worse than my old phone at my work. (almost zero) Not the phones fault but Bells, and Rogers wants way too much for this phone, back on the hunt for a new phone I guess.

Clinton

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development