PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 01:42 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: For Chefs: 21234 SYS and ROM folders for CDMA Diamonds

I removed the dnsapi.dll from the oem folder and I'm using the one in the sys now. I also swapped the NetCF for one from a previous build.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_reeseboy View Post
I removed the dnsapi.dll from the oem folder and I'm using the one in the sys now. I also swapped the NetCF for one from a previous build.
Yeah, same here... except reverse on the dnsnapi... I'm assuming they are the same file though.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:49 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

i don't notice a difference (on the pro) between this and 21222

Old 05-25-2009, 06:20 PM
VIP Member

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
i don't notice a difference (on the pro) between this and 21222
I have had mine up for about 14 hours and I definitely notice that the 21234 has less performance loss after being up for a while. 21222 and 21232 seemed to get quite a bit sluggish to me after a while.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:07 PM
I did it all for Ta-nuki
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, Nook Color, Xoom Wifi

watzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
I have had mine up for about 14 hours and I definitely notice that the 21234 has less performance loss after being up for a while. 21222 and 21232 seemed to get quite a bit sluggish to me after a while.
Ditto on that. I put one together last night and it has been doing well all day.

Office was missing but I cab installed it afterwards. Are those files usually in the SYS? I always took it for granted and never paid attention. I'm going to take a closer look after this post. EDIT: OK, maybe the folder called "Office" wasn't obvious enough for me?

I'm not sure what some of those other choices are in EasyOption either.
IRDA, ppgprov, phone, and phone redist looked important so I included them. Anyone know what all of the new choices do or which ones are needed?

Thanks again da reeseboy and sorry for the previous unpleasantries.

Last edited by watzone69; 05-25-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

mjhuffer is keeping up the good workmjhuffer is keeping up the good work

I can't give any specific feedback but my general feeling is that it is faster and more responsive. I just threw it into Calcu's 4.7 kitchen and started whippen. So far I really like it. I've been running it for a day. Battery life seems to be beter than 21222 and 21232. I think it is much better. I've just switched from TF3D to the WM6.5 interface and I have to say I like it. I'm just waiting for someone to create a program that will make a fast lock screen on wake-up. I am currently using smartlock 1.7c and I have to wait like 1 or two seconds before my screen is responsive. Anobody have any feedback on this issue.

Just saw he released 1.7D - will test it out and give feedback

Last edited by mjhuffer; 05-26-2009 at 02:07 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

shortbus182 is keeping up the good workshortbus182 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by watzone69 View Post
Ditto on that. I put one together last night and it has been doing well all day.

Office was missing but I cab installed it afterwards. Are those files usually in the SYS? I always took it for granted and never paid attention. I'm going to take a closer look after this post. EDIT: OK, maybe the folder called "Office" wasn't obvious enough for me?

I'm not sure what some of those other choices are in EasyOption either.
IRDA, ppgprov, phone, and phone redist looked important so I included them. Anyone know what all of the new choices do or which ones are needed?

Thanks again da reeseboy and sorry for the previous unpleasantries.
+1 on this simply because I am an idiot. Obviously the gsm stuff can be omitted, but what is required for the cdma? I have bulit 3 different roms with this sys, all which had major quirks. Can someone explain what Irda, ppgprov, phone, and phone redist are, and what is needed and not needed? Thanks.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: LG Optimus S

KingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuff

I put this sys in Calkulins blank kitchen and added my OEM folder. When I run buildOS it stops and says "Missing OS.nb payload from ROM folder. How do I fit this problem?
Old 05-26-2009, 10:16 PM
VIP Member

Anyone else problems with messenger?

Can anyone tell me what the messenger files are named and where they are located?

*edit* Looks like in the WindowsLIVE and WindowsLiveIM folders. Any place else where there might be components missing in this latest sys?

*edit* Pulled the WindowsLive folders over from my previous working sys now I'm getting "cannot build default.hv and user.hv" error when building. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by Drybonz; 05-26-2009 at 10:54 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:36 PM
VIP Member

Despite bringing the skybox and WindowsLive folders over from my previous working sys, MyPhone and Messenger are still broken.

Anyone know what the missing elements might be?

Thanks.

*edit* While I feel this sys is performing better than 21232, there are so many missing elements I may roll back.

Last edited by Drybonz; 05-26-2009 at 11:39 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development