PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 12:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Telus

Soaa- is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSoaa- is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSoaa- is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSoaa- is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSoaa- is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[ROM+KIT] July 12th 2009 ||| alRom + alKit 0.14 ||| MOVED.

I HATE USING BIG FAT RED FONTS TO GET YOUR ATTENTION BUT THIS IS IMPORTANT. alRom and alKit are MOVING! New location HERE.

alRom by Al.
alRom Frugal 1.1 - released April 13th 2009
alRom 0.13 - released July 7th 2009
alKit 0.13 - released July 7th 2009

Rationale:

alRom aims to provide an unparalleled user experience right out of the box. It is built to be fast and functional, using mostly updated stock packages, and some third party applications to enhance the experience.

It is Windows Mobile 6.5 (RE|DE)FINED.

Titanium Rearranged - Showcase Task Manager - PPCG in only 12 seconds
Titanium Music Player - TitaniumWeather - Titanium Opera Favorites

Code:
alRom 0.13 highlights
> UPX Compression [script from Juicy kitchen]
> Kitchen cleaned and released
* Built using alKit, modded from Calkulin's 5.0 kitchen
Full Details

Download F1.1 - Download alrom 0.13 - alKit 0.13
Please report any bugs you may find.

Thanks: Calkulin (kitchen, SYS 21028, SYS 21501), daryelv (kitchen, SYS 21222), indagroove, Cap'nChronic, Da_G (SYS 21500), da_reeseboy (SYS 21806), No2chem (driver optimizations), Juicy47 (D3D drivers), Mystery (various tips, Opera Mobile 16277), jmztaylor (great work on TD2 ports), prsnow, amarullz, and everyone else who has made the ROM development community so great. (:

Last edited by Soaa-; 07-12-2009 at 01:05 AM.
This post has been thanked 20 times.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:18 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: [feedback] alRom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soaa- View Post
alRom by Al.
Currently requesting feedback.

Juicy's gone to the Touch Pro, and Jmz ditched us. Juicy ROM was one of my favorites, because it was frugal and didn't have strange customizations. Quite frankly, most of these customizations look like crap.

Since I'm a proud Diamond owner, and I've been playing around with Calcu's kitchen for a while now, I'll release some ROMs shortly, loosely following the Juicy philosophy. No chance of me ditching for a Pro, because I'm stuck on contract. ;D

I'll release my ROMs in two editions: Frugal and Tweaked.

Frugal would be the one closest to the Juicy line of ROMs, containing only up-to-date software, tweaked for stability. Most likely I'll use a VGA manila and EzInput 1.5, just because they work better. Frugal would be updated as necessary for updates, stability, and bug fixes.

Tweaked would include my personal preference of cooked-in apps (Jbed, PIM Backup, Registry Editor, etc), along with some potentially unstable upgrades, such as Rhodium Manila and TD2 Keyboard, and some non-standard tweaks. Tweaked would get a release every time I flash my phone and I'm happy with it, so expect no more than a day or two between releases. Quality and features may vary.

Any feedback? Go or no go? And from the description, which one would you use?
Hi Al,

I think alot of us will be interested in your work and hopefully you will get the feedback needed to assist you in small way to make it better. I would say if you have the time, do both roms. I prefer the frugal one but also like RSTG roms because most of his loaded roms have everything I would add anyway.

Anyway, best of luck and we are looking forward to your work.

Last edited by Riley; 04-04-2009 at 10:17 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond CDMA
Threadstarter

Soaa- is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSoaa- is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSoaa- is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSoaa- is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSoaa- is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks for the encouragement. I meant "ditched" mostly as a joke though; I know the circumstances.

Looks like a Frugal release is coming tomorrow. (:
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:00 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Thanks for the encouragement. I meant "ditched" mostly as a joke though; I know the circumstances.

Looks like a Frugal release is coming tomorrow. (:
thanks man!
Old 04-04-2009, 09:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One
Carrier: Sprint

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to chino331 Send a message via Skype™ to chino331

I was a big fan of Juicy!! I'm looking forward to the Frugal version!!! Glad to have another chef here! I tried making my own ROMs but I could never seem to get it right...

1 question! Will you be using the regular manilla or the HD version?

Last edited by chino331; 04-04-2009 at 09:42 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

deseral is a n00b

I was a Juicy's fan, go ahead, I will be there!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:43 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

I'd be interested in checking out both of them. Frugal sounds good, but so does Tweaked. I like some of the ROMs with extras added in, but I tend to like the ones with added utilities and functional things- not so much with extra games or flashy stuff.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:47 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

I like the tweeeeeaked idea.

Old 04-04-2009, 02:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
alRom by Al.
Currently requesting feedback.

Juicy's gone to the Touch Pro, and Jmz's phone went for a swim. Juicy ROM was one of my favorites, because it was frugal and didn't have strange customizations. Quite frankly, most of these customizations look like crap.

Since I'm a proud Diamond owner, and I've been playing around with Calcu's kitchen for a while now, I'll release some ROMs shortly, loosely following the Juicy philosophy. No chance of me ditching for a Pro, because I'm stuck on contract. ;D

I'll release my ROMs in two editions: Frugal and Tweaked.

Frugal would be the one closest to the Juicy line of ROMs, containing only up-to-date software, tweaked for stability. Most likely I'll use a VGA manila and EzInput 1.5, just because they work better. Frugal would be updated as necessary for updates, stability, and bug fixes.

Tweaked would include my personal preference of cooked-in apps (Jbed, PIM Backup, Registry Editor, etc), along with some potentially unstable upgrades, such as Rhodium Manila and TD2 Keyboard, and some non-standard tweaks. Tweaked would get a release every time I flash my phone and I'm happy with it, so expect no more than a day or two between releases. Quality and features may vary.

Any feedback? Go or no go? And from the description, which one would you use?
Very humbling to see that I now have a "philosophy" I was always inspired by DCD
Old 04-04-2009, 04:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
Very humbling to see that I now have a "philosophy" I was always inspired by DCD
This place is more than just zeroes and ones. Many of us, spend more of our lives here, than anywhere else. Leadership is rare these days, and often a lonely place. Very nice to see genuine humility in one of it's great contributors.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development