PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2009, 03:02 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
[Discontinued] PowerROMv5-SenseUI & 4.8.5 [Titanium] Sprint

I've gone a totally different way now.
I used OMJ's kitchen and his basic setup, but took a few things out and changed it a little. OMJ- so glad he's back.
All the highlights are blue instead of grey or green.
I took out Bing and everything I could install onto the Internal Storage to save space. Btw, if you use SASHIMI with this SASHIMI compliant ROM, I'd recommend you overwrite your current sashimi.mscr file with the one attached here. It will allow you to install cabs to internal storage; WM6.5.x breaks this function, but this hack fixes it. If you want to do it yourself, follow these directions.
I wouldn't call it "stripped" but there's not nearly as much as my old Titanium ROM.
But so far, everything works well.
Click on the image below for the link.

The old taskbar I used is attached below. The current one is a mix using the kitchen.
The other icon on the topbar is SBSH PhoneWeaver. Check it out. The most stable, feature rich and resource efficient phone manager out there, imho.

Here's the link to v4.8.5. This is the newest 21904 build. Running this for a day and it's running great. I've been using this with SpbMS3.5.4- gorgeous. It's now SASHIMI compliant [SC]. Took out Sprint Nav and Opera, as I like installing them to Internal Storage w/SASHIMI. [CAMERA & CALCULATOR STILL NOT WORKING.]
If you've never used SASHIMI before, it's awesome. All you have to do is install it to Internal Storage before you flash. Then drop the appropriate things into the folders and flash. Here is the link to get it (you'll have to register, but it's free and well worth it), along with some directions. Post in this thread or that one if you have any questions.
Includes psShutXP mapped to Power button. Probably a few other things.
[If anyone is wondering, PRTNS= Power Rom Titianium No Sense]

Even though these new ROMs based on Calk's kitchen don't REQUIRE you to flash to shipped or do a Clear Storage after you flash, I still recommend the Clear Storage part. I was having some issues last week and Clear Storage not only fixed them, but helped speed up the OS dramatically.Thanks to amikam and shadowxaero for their help... really appreciated.

Preview:

Took out OneNote. Added VoiceCommand & WM7 Titanium project. Working great with MS3.5.3. Changed a bunch of the colors so it's mostly blue/black. Took out the extra Titanium stuff like the contacts app. Changed to the M6 taskbar from TSOwens v6.1. Still using the Misfortune2 Battery icon.
Very quick... so far, flawless.

I finally got my EVO- and my Diamond was dying anyway. So this is done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pc_capture14.jpg (11.9 KB, 148 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: cab tsowentaskbar6 WM6.5 version.cab (1.17 MB, 94 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip SASHIMI.zip (24.4 KB, 35 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Trident; 08-28-2010 at 11:30 AM. Reason: update
This post has been thanked 14 times.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Windows Mobile 6.1

iPollesion is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariPollesion is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariPollesion is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariPollesion is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: PowerROM- WM6.5 Titanium [21232] ONLY- NO Manila

I'll try it out, thanks. Any major lag or known bugs?
Old 05-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

higher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhigher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhigher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Nice work Trident

I currently am on bell so i cannot try out yet but its allways good to have another chef on board. plus i agree with only having titanium on wm6.5 as a personal preference
Old 05-17-2009, 03:37 PM
The Source of Power
Threadstarter

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Everything I've tested so far works well.
PIE works (the only thing that didn't work for me with the 21231 build).
It's still not quite as fast as a well tweaked 6.1 Manila... but I haven't really done any of my memory tweaks with MemMaid or Diamond Tweaks yet.
I wouldn't call it slow or laggy though.
I'll still be testing today and tomorrow and will post if I have any issues at all.

I noticed that I didn't include WModem or Live search- WModem, because I almost never use it & LiveSearch because it gets updated so often, I just cab install it first thing.

I'm also building a generic version right now with those two things but without SprintNav. Should be up in a little while.

Last edited by Trident; 05-17-2009 at 03:46 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: Alltel

kwattro76 is keeping up the good workkwattro76 is keeping up the good workkwattro76 is keeping up the good work

is there a way to make the top and bottom transparent???

Last edited by kwattro76; 05-17-2009 at 11:00 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

tdemeza is a n00b

Have you had a chance to create the Generic Rom yet? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Windows Mobile 6.1

iPollesion is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariPollesion is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariPollesion is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariPollesion is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Post Re: PowerROM- WM6.5 Titanium [21232] ONLY- NO Manila

I tried this out, I like the looks and the icons, perhaps look into chagning the dropdown menu icon (if possible would be nice made better). Also, keep note after intial load of the rom and configuration of the device take out the battery and power it up.. it will mkae you reconfigure.

It might be juts my device but I had it freeze on me so I had to take the battery out and it happened.. But even so the device didn't get fully customized the second time so I had a bricked diamond with no service.

I like it though, so I wil use it for the mean time, clean, fresh, and simple.

Last edited by iPollesion; 05-18-2009 at 08:04 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02

seems good on lcd screen on my laptop... now flashing to sprint official 2.0 rom then i will flash to yours. does this have the dial curtain on it.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:20 AM
The Source of Power
Threadstarter

Sorry, had some computer issues yesterday and generic ROM got messed up. I'll have it up this afternoon.
And then I was busy watching my Magic beat the Celtics last night!

Some issues and responses.
I have noticed that there is an occasional dual notification on incoming calls. Not a big deal... And I still don't have a way to snooze calendar reminders for anything other than 5 minutes. I'm also going to try something a little different to get rid of these issues. I'll have that up by this afternoon as well.
No, there isn't a curtain on the dialer. I usually use BT headsets and it never bothered me to have the dialer available.

Last edited by Trident; 05-18-2009 at 10:33 AM.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:41 PM
The Source of Power
Threadstarter

I think that I found a serious problem with my ROM... I don't think it's the selection, I think it's the version of the app. When I was listening to some music using WMP, my device shut down twice. Once it restarted on it's own, the second time it just shut down. A soft reset using the stylus got it going again, but it was a little nerve racking.
I'm going to flash the version I'm uploading right now and see if it's any different. Anyone who wants to try it out and give feedback would be appreciated.

BTW, I'm using the PPCGeeks FTP as MegaUpload isn't being cooperative either. Thanks to DryBonz, I'm giving Megashares a try as well. Uploading there at the same time. Links up when finished.

Last edited by Trident; 05-18-2009 at 12:48 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development