PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Flashed, Automatically Configures, Reboots then Hangs (various roms) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=68787)

toenail 05-16-2009 01:06 PM

Flashed, Automatically Configures, Reboots then Hangs (various roms)

getting right to the point: i cant flash back to stock rom without it hanging on the bootscreen after the autoconfiguration is completed..

now all little more details on my current issue: so ive followed the "HOW TO: Recover a Diamond that wont get past the boot screen (Instructions) however that isnt the exactly problem i am having.. ive mainly been using, actually i only use "MightyRoms" i installed the latest Juicy just to sorta try out WM6.5 cause i figured it woudnt be all the great nad if i had any issues i would just reflash stock then back to MightyRom.. well wm6.5 obviously is a no go so i flashed back to stock where it flashed, booted, did its autoconfiguration then after the reboot it would freeze with that red text on the bottom.. ive tried using different roms including the Sprint Stock Rom, HTC's latest Sprint Rom Update, and even the latest Groove Rom.. the only ones that dont hang are Mightys Reborn and MightyRom 4.8 which i am currently using, however ive been using 4.8 since it was released but now im am getting freezes at least twice a day where reboots are the needed fix, ive never had the 4.8 freezes before.. my only 4.8 problem in the past was that occational silent ringer issue that rarely happened but now is constant..

intermittent issues: sometimes after flashing a rom during the autoconfiguration it would freeze in no particular section where i would have to hard reset, set to default and the autoinstaller would start up again and complete but then the freeze would happen after the next start up with the red text on the bottom..

thanks for any advice given

tobeychris 05-16-2009 02:38 PM

Re: Flashed, AutoInstalled, Reboot then Hangs (various roms)

Maybe it's your autoinstalled items.

toenail 05-16-2009 03:21 PM

but those are part of the roms, its those files that after the rom is installed u get that msg saying your device will be configured in 3 seconds then everything start installing

phonics2 05-16-2009 06:09 PM

Hey! I've had this happen. The only thing I KNOW you can do is to just keep flashing your stock over and over again until it sticks, installs, and boots correctly.

toenail 05-16-2009 06:24 PM

okay, ill give that one a shot.. ive been doing that but mixing the roms.. ill do the stock around 5x's, ill post results after.. thanks

hodd 05-16-2009 06:35 PM

I've formatted my internal storage and have shipped Telus installed. I"m going to install Mystery and see if it sticks!

bretwalters13 05-16-2009 07:14 PM

having the same problem and trying to install stock sprint to see if it cures it. Hopefully this works!

toenail 05-16-2009 07:32 PM

so far i have flashed my phone five times with the stock rom.. its loads and does that whole your device will be configured in 3 seconds.. does its thing and after the reboot i just hangs on the red txt screen.. ill give it a go around 3 more times to see if there are any changes but its not lookin to groovy

bretwalters13 05-16-2009 08:18 PM

Mine stuck! Took 2 tries. Keep tryin toenail! Goodluck!

toenail 05-16-2009 08:32 PM

yeah still no mayo.. i dont understand why its boots the first time but after the configuration files are added it hangs... but ill keep ya posted!

UPDATE: tried flashing using an older GrooveRom i had saved on my pc and that was a success as well.. so as of now stocks roms wont load but MightyROM and GrooveROM do.. hmmmm?