PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2009, 10:28 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Flashed, AutoInstalled, Reboot then Hangs (various roms)

When you flash to stock, you don't need to go any further that the "tap here to setup windows" (or whatever) screen. When you get there, you can reflash from that screen. You may wanna try flashing to that screen a few times. Also, make sure you are flashing a ship rom, and not some rebag that is OS only.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

AmericasBoyToy is a n00b

Ugh I'm having this issue too.. Seems to only happen when I try and get Juicy 7 Rom working.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung I8000L
Carrier: Bell

Willis111 is becoming a great contributor

IMO this is probably a problem of RTFM. I know all these roms are you guys are talking about are winmo 6.5 and I've read many many MANY places that it's "suggested" that you flash to a stock rom before flashing to any of these 6.5 roms. Although I myself have never had this issue what I would do would be

1./ Copy a stock rom to the internal storage of my memory card and rename it to DIAMIMG.nbh.
2./ Do a full hard reset on the rom already installed and then pull the battery
3./ pop the battery in and turn the phone back on while holding the volume down? and back key to flash the stock rom from my internal storage and then see if that fixes it.

Other than that I would probably just grab like ppckitchens kit and build a stripped rom and try flashing that. I would probably also at the same time have called my provider (telus) telling them that there's a problem with my phone and to order a swap unit for me and to call me when it get's in so I can come pick it up. If it turns out to be something you can fix yourself you can always tell them it was user error and the problems been resolved.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:37 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis111 View Post
IMO this is probably a problem of RTFM. I know all these roms are you guys are talking about are winmo 6.5 and I've read many many MANY places that it's "suggested" that you flash to a stock rom before flashing to any of these 6.5 roms. Although I myself have never had this issue what I would do would be

1./ Copy a stock rom to the internal storage of my memory card and rename it to DIAMIMG.nbh.
2./ Do a full hard reset on the rom already installed and then pull the battery
3./ pop the battery in and turn the phone back on while holding the volume down? and back key to flash the stock rom from my internal storage and then see if that fixes it.

I do that routinely (except for step 2) every third flash or so, and haven't had any issues (that I didn't cause in the rom build) for a long time.

When I first started working with 6.5 builds it was a nightmere though.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung I8000L
Carrier: Bell

Willis111 is becoming a great contributor

Reproduced the problem flashing TO simplerom FROM ultralite lxe. PPC hangs after rebooting after running customizations. Copy of Ultralite lxe on the storage card/clear data and flash solved the issue. Somehow I doubt this particular rom, ultralite lxe, fixed the problem that I was having with my previous rom. I wonder what these roms don't have in common though, perhaps it's just a fluke, perhaps it's device specific. I'm running a diam500/telus touch diamond. Maybe if flashing to a stock rom doesn't help, try flashing to your previously installed rom if you can remember what that was and then stock and then a 6.5 rom. You can do it with the phone fully booted or just entering the boot loader and running the flash util. Never an issue as long as your device powers on I hope ^^

Edit: Grammar

Last edited by Willis111; 05-17-2009 at 12:18 AM.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

toenail is keeping up the good worktoenail is keeping up the good work

i never had any luck getting past the hang.. the only rom that has worked for me has been mightyrom 4.8 with no freezing issues as of yet.. someone mentioned that they know these roms are winmo 6.5, the only rom that ive used that was 6.5 was that Juicy7, however ive only loaded that rom once and since then every rom that ive loaded has been winmo 6.1, im not going to load a 6.5 rom until an official release starts to circulate instead of a beta.. the one thing i have not tried has been flashing from internal storage.. i think im gonna give that a go and see if i have any luck.. ill keep ya posted

UPDATE: i flashed the rom using the internal hdd with the same results.. so still no fix, even using mightyrom5 beta ive had this same issue.. its a never ending problem here.. damn

Last edited by toenail; 05-20-2009 at 02:17 AM.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Flashed, Automatically Configures, Reboots then Hangs (various roms)

the beta rom of mightyrom r3born worked for me so if that one doesnt give me any problems ill just have to stick with this release cause i really cant load anything else.. i really just use mikes roms as it is but testing the mightrom5 would have been nice but like all the others that one froze at the bootup as well..
Old 05-20-2009, 03:14 AM
p2k
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

p2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i've had similar problems, and I've noticed that I only get it when i go from WM6.1 to WM6.5.

6.1 to 6.1 has no issues at all... but everytime i go 6.1 to 6.5 i get the random freezes.

I got MR5 on my phone after 2 attempts... This is how i did it...

Flash to stock... wait for tap to begin screen calibration screen then pull the battery...
wait for it to come up again... then it will connect to Activesync(I dont bother aligning the screen or the customization)., and i flash it to MR5.

Again i wait for the tap to begin screen, and I pull the battery again...
Then I go ahead with the screen alignment.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2k View Post
Flash to stock... wait for tap to begin screen calibration screen then pull the battery...
wait for it to come up again... then it will connect to Activesync(I dont bother aligning the screen or the customization)., and i flash it to MR5.

Again i wait for the tap to begin screen, and I pull the battery again...
Then I go ahead with the screen alignment.
okay so i tried your steps but first rather than loading MR5 i loaded stock once more to see if that would let me use a stock rom and that was a no go.. so i then followed your steps once more this time trying to load mightyrom5 and that finally worked.. so thank you for your input, once small leap moving forward but fact is its a step fwd.. preciate your help, finally some progress here.. lol
Old 05-21-2009, 01:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

i just followed it step by step the only difference was i left the battery out for 12mins rather than 10 mins but i dont think that really mattered.. did every hard reset, basically followed it step by step because i really didnt have any other option and it was a no go.. seriously thanks for your input but unfortunatly my phone may be screwed.. i managed to get MR5 going so thats what ive been using, get random freezing here an there but i think thats cause of my phone and not the rom.. im gonna do another hard reset and see if anything changes but i completed your instructions.. again thanks for your help, im gonna click your thanks button just for taking the time to read this.. take care

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development