PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2009, 11:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

adz1966 is keeping up the good workadz1966 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to adz1966 Send a message via Skype™ to adz1966
Re: Dead Diamond :( Need to get back in to recover data

Pull the battery before you try anything else!! I accidentally flashed a Pro radio to my Diamond and bricked it. I had pictures in internal memory that I did not want to lose. Couldn't enter bootloader or anything. Pulled the battery for 5 minutes, put it back in and voila!!! Got all my stuff back even though I had to flash a new ROM afterwards to get my phone to work. Hope it works for you.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Had the battery out for 20 mins, still no go

It just hangs on the initial Touch Diamond screen with the red text at the bottom with version numbers and then doesn't go anywhere
Old 05-10-2009, 11:54 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
Had the battery out for 20 mins, still no go

It just hangs on the initial Touch Diamond screen with the red text at the bottom with version numbers and then doesn't go anywhere
sorry to hear that. You can try to go to sprint repair store and ask them to recover the items. I returned one phone to them and they asked me if I wanted my phone backed up before they did the exchange. do you have the sprint shipped rom on there?
Old 05-11-2009, 12:01 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
sorry to hear that. You can try to go to sprint repair store and ask them to recover the items. I returned one phone to them and they asked me if I wanted my phone backed up before they did the exchange. do you have the sprint shipped rom on there?
I'm running Mighty ROM. If I go in to the repair center, I'm not sure how they can recover anything on the main memory of the phone without it booting up.. I can definitely reflash and get the contents of my 4 gig internal storage recovered myself but it's mostly my text messages that I care about since they have a lot of information that I have no other way of getting.

I appreciate the ideas though, thanks a lot guys!
Old 05-11-2009, 12:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Pre 2, Evo

tersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stuff

ive never used mighty rom, so im not sure. but most cooks have your txt msgs and email saved to internal storage in order to save space on the main memory. so if flash a new rom you may be able to recover them. i know mine are stored in internal memory/inbox. they are stored in some weird format (30006432-345b). i dont know how you would get your new flashed phone to recognize them though. but this may just work
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:03 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tersoth View Post
ive never used mighty rom, so im not sure. but most cooks have your txt msgs and email saved to internal storage in order to save space on the main memory. so if flash a new rom you may be able to recover them. i know mine are stored in internal memory/inbox. they are stored in some weird format (30006432-345b). i dont know how you would get your new flashed phone to recognize them though. but this may just work
Great idea! But i was on an older mightyrom which stored the messages on the main memory
Old 05-11-2009, 12:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Bumping for some Monday morning views and to inspire some brilliance..

I've left the battery out overnight and it has still made no difference whatsoever. If anyone can help me find a way to get access to the files on main memory, I would really really appreciate it.

Thanks.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:07 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
Bumping for some Monday morning views and to inspire some brilliance..

I've left the battery out overnight and it has still made no difference whatsoever. If anyone can help me find a way to get access to the files on main memory, I would really really appreciate it.

Thanks.
It's not gonna happen, just give up. Be sure to back up critical documents in the future. Microsoft MyPhone will do it OTA for you.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
It's not gonna happen, just give up. Be sure to back up critical documents in the future. Microsoft MyPhone will do it OTA for you.
Yep, I had kinda already given up before I even posted because I knew what it meant, just didn't want to believe it. Oh well, time to reflash.

Speaking of myphone, I find that it takes forever to upload text messages. I had about 20,000 total messages on my phone and it was doing about 2 messages every 5 seconds so obviously it's going to an insane amount of time to upload those. Can you confirm that it does in fact work this slow? Or is it just me?
Old 05-11-2009, 05:03 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
Be sure to back up critical documents in the future. Microsoft MyPhone will do it OTA for you.
I've seen a few references to this... MS MyPhone. Can someone post a link that explains what it does and how/if it can be installed?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development