PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 06:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond, HTC TP, HTC TP2 & HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

soicy423 is keeping up the good worksoicy423 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HELP I Think My Diamond Might Be Bricked

my phone was working fine this morning. i had the leaked sprint 6.1 rom with the ported xip from win 6.5. i put the bear bonz 2.0 rom on my phone and it flashed fine then when i tried to look at contacts it froze so i tried to power it off with the power button and it wouldn't work. then i tried soft reseting which made me have to set the device up all over again...basically everytime i hit soft reset it hard resets and everytime i try to flash with the sprint shipped rom it says it's not gettin a response from my pda even though i have a active sync connection. any suggestions?
Old 05-03-2009, 06:48 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work
Re: HELP I Think My Diamond Might Be Bricked

Quote:
Originally Posted by soicy423 View Post
my phone was working fine this morning. i had the leaked sprint 6.1 rom with the ported xip from win 6.5. i put the bear bonz 2.0 rom on my phone and it flashed fine then when i tried to look at contacts it froze so i tried to power it off with the power button and it wouldn't work. then i tried soft reseting which made me have to set the device up all over again...basically everytime i hit soft reset it hard resets and everytime i try to flash with the sprint shipped rom it says it's not gettin a response from my pda even though i have a active sync connection. any suggestions?
I have a suggestion, read before you post -- and post in the ROM thread which is causing the issue:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65921

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51508

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062

Sure, I might sound like a d1ck, but seriously, READ!
Old 05-03-2009, 07:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Carrier: Alltel

DerekV is just getting started
Re: HELP I Think My Diamond Might Be Bricked

^ what he said, seriously......

This really isnt hard stuff. The guys who put in effort here have made it almost impossible to actually brick your phone, which means behind just about every "OMG i bricked my phone" is someone who didnt feel like taking the time to read. I found out after two seconds of reading that these phones have problems flashing, booting and what not after 6.5 has been flashed.

Just go back to the stock rom before flashing 6.5 again. This info is posted at least 4 times in just about every single 6.5 rom thread.

Having trouble flashing with ruu???? Simple... just put the stock rom .nbh file renamed DIAMIMG.nbh onto internal storage and enter bootloader mode. It will flash from there without haveing to use RUU at all.

Last edited by DerekV; 05-03-2009 at 08:02 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development