PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2009, 01:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Telus Diamond
Carrier: Telus

GodxSon is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation help interstorage disapeared

hi, i flashed mightyrom then i went into disk drive mode to restore all my apps when i clicked on the diskdrive it said "this is not formatted, format now" i said why not and clicked yes..then after i put all my cabs i unpluged and whent to file explorer on my phone to install them but there was no interstorage!! i tried flashing mughtyrom again and i even hardrested..how can i fix this help please

thanks
Old 05-02-2009, 02:16 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: help interstorage disapeared

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodxSon View Post
hi, i flashed mightyrom then i went into disk drive mode to restore all my apps when i clicked on the diskdrive it said "this is not formatted, format now" i said why not and clicked yes..then after i put all my cabs i unpluged and whent to file explorer on my phone to install them but there was no interstorage!! i tried flashing mughtyrom again and i even hardrested..how can i fix this help please

thanks
flash back to the shipped rom, then see if it reappears. if not, go to htcamerica.com site and go to your carriers device support page. there should be a hotfix for the missing internal storage.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

WarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:

thanks
This happens a bunch. Sync your device as an external drive, then reformat it from Windows.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

stravy is becoming a great contributor

same thing happened to me. the hotfix from htc would not work. i did what waraxe said above. hooked to computer. waited for the drive to show up in "my computer" then used the command prompt to "format e:" or whatever your drive letter ends up being. took about a minute or two.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Telus Diamond
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

GodxSon is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by stravy View Post
same thing happened to me. the hotfix from htc would not work. i did what waraxe said above. hooked to computer. waited for the drive to show up in "my computer" then used the command prompt to "format e:" or whatever your drive letter ends up being. took about a minute or two.
lol im noob how do i format it?
Old 05-03-2009, 12:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

atticusalien is a n00b

Quote:
You can always just right click the drive in my computer and select format.
or
From command prompt type:
format <drive letter>:\ /q
Were <drive letter> is the letter of your diamond. The /q tells it to quick format.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
1. connect the phone to your computer.
2. wait for it to be recognized under "my computer"
3. note what the drive letter of the internal storage is. it will not say "internal storage". it will say "removable drive". in my case: i have a master hard drive which is letter c:, then i have a dvd rw drive which is d: and that is it. when i connect a removable drive it occupies the next letter in the alphabet. which in this case will be e:
4. go to start -> programs -> accessories -> command prompt
5. when the command prompt opens type "format e:" without the quotes. it should only take a minute or two.
6. you may have to rename the internal storage on you phone if there already was a directory named "internal storage" on your phone except it was actually located in your system memory.

*edit step 6* check your phone using "file exlporer" if the 4gb internal storage is named "internal storage2" then there already was a file called "internal storage" in your system memory. if there is nothing in the "internal storage" on your system memory then i would just delete the folder and rename your 4gb storage from "internal storage2" to "internal storage". then soft rest. if you lost your internal storage when you were in the process of flashing a rom i would perform a hard reset.

Last edited by stravy; 05-03-2009 at 09:40 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

kngtut79 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to kngtut79

maybe someone can help me. i am running sprint's stock rom. i bought a new car stereo which plays audio files from usb. i thought it'd be cool to not have to carry my ipod all the time, and just use my diamond's music. it worked with no problem, but while connected, internal storage disappeared from file explorer. Music files still played, but i had to disconnect from usb if i wanted to navigate to a particular song quickly. Problem lies here: when i disconnected, it renamed internal storage to internal storage2 and had a system folder called internal storage. the internal storage2 has the micro sd logo next to it, indicating to me that its the one i wanted. After trying to sync my phone unsuccessfully today, i noticed that there was a disk drive j under "my computer." It has the files i want, but file explorer refuses to show it. i tried formatting it from "my computer" and although formatting worked, file explorer still has yet to recognize the card. any help? oh! the first time i disconnected phone from usb, it told me what my treo used to whenever i popped my sd card back in. " it looks like you've inserted an external storage device. would you like windows to search for audio and video files?" or something like that.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

kngtut79 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to kngtut79

Quote:
Originally Posted by stravy View Post
1. connect the phone to your computer.
2. wait for it to be recognized under "my computer"
3. note what the drive letter of the internal storage is. it will not say "internal storage". it will say "removable drive". in my case: i have a master hard drive which is letter c:, then i have a dvd rw drive which is d: and that is it. when i connect a removable drive it occupies the next letter in the alphabet. which in this case will be e:
4. go to start -> programs -> accessories -> command prompt
5. when the command prompt opens type "format e:" without the quotes. it should only take a minute or two.
6. you may have to rename the internal storage on you phone if there already was a directory named "internal storage" on your phone except it was actually located in your system memory.

*edit step 6* check your phone using "file exlporer" if the 4gb internal storage is named "internal storage2" then there already was a file called "internal storage" in your system memory. if there is nothing in the "internal storage" on your system memory then i would just delete the folder and rename your 4gb storage from "internal storage2" to "internal storage". then soft rest. if you lost your internal storage when you were in the process of flashing a rom i would perform a hard reset.
you must be using vista. in xp, you can just hit start, then run.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kngtut79 View Post
you must be using vista. in xp, you can just hit start, then run.
nope...xp...just thought that more appropriate for the person asking the question.

*edit step 4*

4a. go to start -> programs -> accessories -> command prompt

or

4b. go to start -> run -> in the run box type "cmd"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development