PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2009, 10:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

stravy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: help interstorage disapeared

Quote:
Originally Posted by kngtut79 View Post
maybe someone can help me. i am running sprint's stock rom. i bought a new car stereo which plays audio files from usb. i thought it'd be cool to not have to carry my ipod all the time, and just use my diamond's music. it worked with no problem, but while connected, internal storage disappeared from file explorer. Music files still played, but i had to disconnect from usb if i wanted to navigate to a particular song quickly. Problem lies here: when i disconnected, it renamed internal storage to internal storage2 and had a system folder called internal storage. the internal storage2 has the micro sd logo next to it, indicating to me that its the one i wanted. After trying to sync my phone unsuccessfully today, i noticed that there was a disk drive j under "my computer." It has the files i want, but file explorer refuses to show it. i tried formatting it from "my computer" and although formatting worked, file explorer still has yet to recognize the card. any help? oh! the first time i disconnected phone from usb, it told me what my treo used to whenever i popped my sd card back in. " it looks like you've inserted an external storage device. would you like windows to search for audio and video files?" or something like that.
this is just a shot in the dark but sounds like when you hook up your diamond to your stereo it is putting a write/read lock on the actual internal storage. however, you phone is still needing to use that internal storage because a program on your phone is writing to it or polling it. when that happens and the phone cannot access the internal storage it is creating a system folder and naming it "internal storage". i dont know anything about those new fangled stereo, much less these phones, but see if there are options avaible on how the stereo accesses an external storage device. sorry i'm not much help.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC diamond
Carrier: mts

mastermalox is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: help interstorage disapeared

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodxSon View Post
hi, i flashed mightyrom then i went into disk drive mode to restore all my apps when i clicked on the diskdrive it said "this is not formatted, format now" i said why not and clicked yes..then after i put all my cabs i unpluged and whent to file explorer on my phone to install them but there was no interstorage!! i tried flashing mughtyrom again and i even hardrested..how can i fix this help please

thanks
something like that happened to me. after i pulled the USB out from my computer. the internal storage wouldnt show up in file explorer. all i did was plug my phone back in and press "safely remove" or "eject" or something. then when it said it could be removed i unplugged it and drive showed back up.

hope that helps.

Btw hi. first post :P

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development