PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Help is my phone brick'd (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67012)

Cell_crazy 04-30-2009 03:13 PM

Help is my phone brick'd

Hello everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me - I've flashed my diamond many of times. But this last flash, when I did a reset I seem to be stuck on the touch diamond screen where it displays the radio number and other text and it does not seem to get past this screen.
Can anyone tell me how I can reflash from this point or is my phone pretty much toast.

Thanks
Appreciate the help

wmdunn 04-30-2009 03:19 PM

Re: Help is my phone brick'd

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cell_crazy (Post 887186)
Hello everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me - I've flashed my diamond many of times. But this last flash, when I did a reset I seem to be stuck on the touch diamond screen where it displays the radio number and other text and it does not seem to get past this screen.
Can anyone tell me how I can reflash from this point or is my phone pretty much toast.

Thanks
Appreciate the help

Take your battery out of the phone for 30 seconds or so, put it back in. Hold the volume down button, and then turn on the phone with the power button. This will put you into bootloader, and from there you should be able to re-flash. Probably a good idea to flash back to the "shipped" rom first ...

bartjo06 04-30-2009 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cell_crazy (Post 887186)
Hello everyone,

Thanks
Appreciate the help

First of all, make sure to read the stickies at the top of the forum... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65921 ... this thread should not be in this section of the forum... to answer your question, your phone is NOT bricked. Pull the battery and hard reset manually by pressing the power button, volume down, and the center circle all at the same time, it'll ask you to confirm the hard reset, follow the directions. If this does not help, take the battery out again, this time hold down the power button and volume down to put the phone into bootloader mode, now you can sync it up to your computer via usb and flash back to a rom that actually works (stock would be your best bet), you don't need to have an activesync connection, it will change from serial to usb toward the bottom of the screen letting you know it's connected.

Good luck... and please read the stickies next time before you post.

Cell_crazy 04-30-2009 03:25 PM

Sorry my apologies - I missed the sticky, just in panic cause my phone wasn't working. Thanks for all the quick advice

wmdunn 04-30-2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cell_crazy (Post 887225)
Sorry my apologies - I missed the sticky, just in panic cause my phone wasn't working. Thanks for all the quick advice

No problem ... we all need a little help every now and again.

bartjo06 04-30-2009 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cell_crazy (Post 887225)

Just figured I'd tell ya if you didn't know... glad we could help, I'll be the first to say we've all been there before.

sweethip 05-03-2009 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bartjo06 (Post 888100)
Just figured I'd tell ya if you didn't know... glad we could help, I'll be the first to say we've all been there before.

hey b - off topic but do you still have that phone for sale, i, sent you 2 PMs like 3 days ago about this.. let me know very interested

and thats def. the truth about being there before !! :???: