PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Upgrade to 6.5?
Yes, I'm ready to take the plunge 49 92.45%
No, I want 6.1 forever 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 11:42 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ~Bear-Bonz Rom~ users - WM6.5 poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Hi Bonz. I have used several versions of your rom. This is a tough one because 6.5 is evolving quite nicely but still has some quirks. I would say yes but I would probably leave out Rhodium until it is bug free. I just noticed the roms that have 6.5 with manilla or rhodium are really bogged down from a memory standpoint. Also, how your seeing the battery life with your 6.5 releases? Groove's 6.5 releases(very good ) has pretty good battery life but some of the others have not been that good. That's just my humble opinion but I would roll with any decision you made.
So bonz should go ahead and make it so I can decide to make one for the touch pro?

Old 04-29-2009, 11:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

pask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good work

yeah I don't really care for 6.5 bonz... For one I am scared of Microsoft getting a hold of it and making you stop doing what you are doing (like they did with juicy), and second I don't see the advantages of it besides cosmetically.... If anyone else knows why you would want 6.5 over 6.1 I"m all ears but if we have to deal with bugs for a fancier start menu and nicer scrolling bars then I'm out.... Other then that I haven't seen any benefits...
Old 04-29-2009, 12:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Bonz ... I tried your rom for a few days, and it is very nice. You pay great attention to detail, which makes for a great combo of Calcu's work with your finishing tweaks and touches. With that said, I have joined the dark side of simplicity with 6.5 completely stripped of manila, curtains, canvases. It is quite refreshing to get back to the basics, and my 6.5 rom from Calcu's kitchen is quite quick, smooth, and memory use runs in the upper 20's. I have Mobile Shell 3.0, but am not using it. I like the 6.5 interface, and I absolutely do not miss "manila" in any form. My vote is for you to continue to develop "your take" on 6.5 ... with the way you do things, it would be a great addition to the mix.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:33 PM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

I'm all for it, as I was already thinking about trying JonROM 1.5. I'd much rather go with yours. On a side note, I am going to be converting a couple of my 6.1 taskbar iconsets to 6.5 soon, if so, do you want something in white for your ROM?
Old 04-29-2009, 02:41 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
So bonz should go ahead and make it so I can decide to make one for the touch pro?
now that's a reason to get a touch pro!
Old 04-29-2009, 06:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Threadstarter

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Well, the vote is currently 40-3 in favor, so we can basically see where this is going.

Frankly, I'm surprised that there are 43 people using my rom. If there are, only a fraction of you have left comments in my rom thread. Please stop by and let me know how it is working out for you.

Anyway, I have a good bit of work to do before 2.0 is ready for prime time... so you probably won't see a finished product for a while, but I will keep you all updated in the main rom thread.

Please understand that the 6.5 sys's are not perfect and we will take a bit of a hit on performance, although I am pleased with the rom I am currently running. We will also lose some main storage space vs. the 6.1 version of the rom... and also, the first few versions of the 6.5 rom will have some bugs to work through, just like the 6.1 version did. I think, in the long run it is going to make for a better package.

Thanks for your feedback in this poll, and please continue to leave your comments while this thread is still up.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:59 PM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Are you going to release the 1.9 build?

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
Old 04-29-2009, 07:26 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
Are you going to release the 1.9 build?
Yes... it will be minor improvements to 1.8 (last 6.1 build, unless something changes). I have most of it done already.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:08 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

So the 6.5 is good to go? Got an Estimated Time of Arrival? Not to rush, because good things take time.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:42 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
So the 6.5 is good to go? Got an Estimated Time of Arrival? Not to rush, because good things take time.
No problem... I have released 1.9 as the last (tenatively) 6.1 version of my rom. I am working on 6.5 for the 2.0 release.

It is going to take a while. I'm sorry if I gave anyone the impression it was almost ready. While I am happy with the 21501 sys, I still have a lot of work to do. My 6.1 rom was the result of playing with the same sys for several months and I am behind on the 6.5 stuff so I have a ton of prepping, testing, and skinning to do before I would release a public version... but I am getting better results with each flash.

I will keep you all updated on the progress, and this thread will probably be closed or deleted sometime soon (if the mods so desire), as I think the general consensus is pretty clear.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development