PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2009, 11:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

WarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Where exactly is my email stored?

I just flashed a new Rhodium TF3D rom... and all of a sudden 85 emails from a couple weeks ago showed up already existing. When I click on one in the mail tab, it DOES NOT open the email up... but instead takes me to my mail program showing me my accounts - and NOT showing the account that I had used to download these emails several flashes ago. If I try to create a NEW account with the SAME NAME as the previous account it tell me that the account name is ALREADY TAKEN.

Ok, so I figured these emails must be stored somewhere on my internal storage if they survived several weeks of flashes. In internal storage I have a MESSAGES folder, INBOX folder, and MAIL folder. These emails seem to be in the MAIL folder... so I deleted all 85 of them (each about 4k). But they still show up in the mail tab! Soft reset. Still there... explore to the MAIL folder and I find all 85 of them back, but now all are 0k. But they still show up.

Hard reset. Still there.

I renamed a file called "cemail" sitting in the root folder of my internal storage just in case that would help... it did not.

So - where oh where is mail stored?
Old 04-25-2009, 03:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

WarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Where exactly is my email stored?

I'm now convinced that my mail is being saved in the file "cemail.vol" sitting in the root of my internal storage. But I get a sharing violation every time I try to rename it or delete it. Tried turning off TF3D but still sharing violation.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Solved.

Connect device to computer as External Drive... then rename/delete CEMAIL.VOL from the root of Internal Storage.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:29 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

What you experienced is one of the unfortunate side effects of the "save sms to internal" reg tweak. I had it cooked into a version or two of grooveROM 3, but I found that the problems outnumbered the benefits.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development