PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   My Diamond is allergic to 6.5 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65706)

shortbus182 04-20-2009 07:52 PM

My Diamond is allergic to 6.5

I know this has been covered numerous times, but I am curious as to the root problems of 6.5. It seems as if every time I flash to a 6.5 rom, my phone get quirkier. This is after I clear storage, and flash sprint shipped rom, numerous hard resets, ect...which leads me to my next question. Why does flashing to a shipped rom seem to cure these issues, and why does flashing to a 6.5 screw everything up? I have done everything I know to "refresh" my diamond that I can think of minus reformatting storage, which I would like to avoid if possible, and find that almost every build of 6.5 turns into a big POS. Soft resets=Hard resets, phone resets for unknown reasons, and all the other issues. I like the simplicity of 6.5, but seems to be too many headaches.](*,)

boomhower 04-20-2009 08:03 PM

Re: My Diamond is allergic to 6.5

I have had many of same issues. After trying a couple flavors of 6.5 I have had nothing but issues. I have not tried to go back to the stock rom but I'll give it a shot. Grooverom and Mighty Mike have both been rock solid but after trying 6.5 I haven't been able to make it through a day without having serious issues. The soft reset=hard reset is particularly annoying.

indagroove 04-20-2009 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomhower (Post 863381)
I have had many of same issues. After trying a couple flavors of 6.5 I have had nothing but issues. I have not tried to go back to the stock rom but I'll give it a shot. Grooverom and Mighty Mike have both been rock solid but after trying 6.5 I haven't been able to make it through a day without having serious issues. The soft reset=hard reset is particularly annoying.

A flash to stock will always fix the soft reset=hard reset.

6.5 roms are a bit fussier, but once running well, they are bad ***.

ghettofreeryder 04-21-2009 02:06 AM

Yeah dude, I had the same issue, thought it was a memory issue. Anyways, flash to Telus stock fixed everything, although it took 3 flashes

bparvin 04-21-2009 11:57 AM

I've had issues with all 6.5 roms as well, but Indagroove and CapnChronic's Chronic Rom has been virtually bug free so far.

It runs really well with no random errors for me so far. I did have some trouble adding a new tsk, but that got resolved with inda's help. I highly recommend that ROM to clear your 6.5 woes.

I also agree with everybody else that a flash to stock before a 6.5 flash is basically required.

auburnmk 04-21-2009 12:08 PM

also, i've seen where flashing to a 6.5 requires removing the battery, but i think this is a rom-specific requirement and ymmv.

topperharley829 04-21-2009 02:43 PM

I also had many issues flashing 6.5 on my diamond until i tried - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65483 . give it a whirl. been running for 3 days with no problem. rom is fast! plus it is a sprint rom.

Donatom3 04-21-2009 05:56 PM

Well you should format your 4gig internal memory. There are temporary window's files in there.

RonaldReagan 04-21-2009 07:27 PM

i hated this phone until i flashed back to stock prior to flashing 6.5. now i love it. do what you ha~e to, but put 6.5 on it.

shortbus182 04-22-2009 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donatom3 (Post 866241)
Well you should format your 4gig internal memory. There are temporary window's files in there.

It looks as if my problems with 6.5 are finally resolved. I decided to empty my cache folder in internal storage and flash scrosler's 6.5. The rom worked flawlessly all day, so I cooked a sys 210501 up in calkulin's 4.6.2a. This same sys gave me headaches when I flashed cap'n chronic's green rom. So far so good. Phone survived sashimi, which in past, if I could even get rom to load, would always f' everything. So after clearing internal cache and flashing shipped rom, seems I am once again able to enjoy a solid 6.5 built to my likings. Hope this helps anyone with similar issues.