PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2009, 11:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: nunha
Carrier: sprint

manoosie is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Internal Storage is lost after installing mighty rom...

I posted this in the mighty rom thread but everyone is going gaga over 6.5 and I need to resolve this issue asap:

Ran mighty rom for a week and was loving it. All of the sudden internal storage disappears. Do a search and find the clear storage option. Try it but it does not recongnize the internal storage. Then I find the hotfix. Run the hotfix, says it worked, but it doesn't. Flash to Sprint's new stock rom, internal storage reappears. However, it appears in name only; cannot clear it and hotfix doesnt work. Flash back to mighty, its completely gone again... solutions?
Old 04-20-2009, 12:54 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: Internal Storage is lost after installing mighty rom...

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoosie View Post
I posted this in the mighty rom thread but everyone is going gaga over 6.5 and I need to resolve this issue asap:

Ran mighty rom for a week and was loving it. All of the sudden internal storage disappears. Do a search and find the clear storage option. Try it but it does not recongnize the internal storage. Then I find the hotfix. Run the hotfix, says it worked, but it doesn't. Flash to Sprint's new stock rom, internal storage reappears. However, it appears in name only; cannot clear it and hotfix doesnt work. Flash back to mighty, its completely gone again... solutions?
I think you haven't received an answer because most of us are lost has to what you can do to fix this. Couple questions:

1. Have you installed the hotfix from the HTC america site?
2. Have you installed the hotfix after you flashed the shipped rom?
3. did you purposedly clear the internal storage. when you perform a clear storage, you should only select the clear storage only, not clear storage and internal. just curious that's all since in theory it should work either way but HTC messed this up hence the hotfix on their site.

*one solution which may not be one but you may want to try is to flash the original shipped rom again. Then apply the hotfix if you dont have a working internal storage. the original shipped rom is the one from several months ago, not the new shipped rom. That way you are starting from a clean slate with software that was originally loaded on your phone. Tobey mentioned in the Unlocking Sticky thread that the Original Sprint rom can be found in the <A href="ftp://ftp."Old">Ftp."Old Shipped ROM (19965, 1.00.00F) available on FTP" not sure where this is but you can post this question in his thread and he will respond.

like I said, not sure if this will fix it but it's worth a try.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Zeddicus is becoming a great contributor

I've had a similar issue before and what fixed it for me was, to flash a shipped ROM, then format the internal storage through windows and then apply the HTC fix... Then when I went back to my ROM of choice, all was good.

Hope this helps...[-o<

Old 04-20-2009, 05:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO / BB 8330
Carrier: sprint/verizon

thmgombosi is becoming a great contributor

I had the same solution. i just flashed sprints new rom and took it to a repair center. after they could not find it on there they handed me a brand new phone. (it is my third new diamond in 2 months) was told if any other issues they would upgrade me to a new phone of my choice for free.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: nunha
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

manoosie is just getting started

I flashed to the new official rom and it never showed up. I ran the hotfix and it told me it was the wrong version (which it wasn't). I am trying to find the first sprint rom to flash to and try that.

How do you reformat the internal storage on the desktop if it does not appear?

Finally, I bought this phone through ebay, not sprint. Taking it to a repair center would do me no good, right? Thanks for the help...
Old 04-23-2009, 11:55 AM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Mine did the exact same thing and this worked for me, just drop this into your My Device>My Documents folder and click on it.
Then go to your clear storage screen and pick "Repair and format" from the dropdown box. It worked for me.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Internal Storage HotFix.rar (83.1 KB, 39 views) Click for barcode!

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development