PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2009, 01:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Incubated is keeping up the good workIncubated is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Recomend 6.1 SYS

I have been on the wm 6.5 21210 sys since calku's latest kitchen, but it has been rather dissapointing. i tried other 6.5 roms too, and they are a little too buggy for me. this one is quite sluggish too. i have been thinking to just stick around with a solid 6.1 sys till 6.5 matures a lil more. too bad i didn't pay much attention to sys versions before, i am kind of at a loss as to which to chose. i am looking for speed and stability, foremost. maybe speed, over stability even. i don't mind rebooting once in a while, but i hate to wait for HOURS AND HOURS for the screens to change. i should be able to recook pretty much any sys in the 6.5 kitchen, right?

thanks thanks
Old 04-20-2009, 01:56 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx
Re: Recomend 6.1 SYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubated View Post
I have been on the wm 6.5 21210 sys since calku's latest kitchen, but it has been rather dissapointing. i tried other 6.5 roms too, and they are a little too buggy for me. this one is quite sluggish too. i have been thinking to just stick around with a solid 6.1 sys till 6.5 matures a lil more. too bad i didn't pay much attention to sys versions before, i am kind of at a loss as to which to chose. i am looking for speed and stability, foremost. maybe speed, over stability even. i don't mind rebooting once in a while, but i hate to wait for HOURS AND HOURS for the screens to change. i should be able to recook pretty much any sys in the 6.5 kitchen, right?

thanks thanks
my favorite 6.1 is 21042 and 21109
i would recommend you use a 6.1 kitchen just to be safe
also you should get htcaddicts Clean ram it speeds things up and you can schedule it every hour!

Last edited by bikeandestroyx; 04-20-2009 at 01:59 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:47 AM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

21042 has been very kind to me its quick and stable.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 04-20-2009, 12:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

Incubated is keeping up the good workIncubated is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmxx187 View Post
my favorite 6.1 is 21042 and 21109
i would recommend you use a 6.1 kitchen just to be safe
also you should get htcaddicts Clean ram it speeds things up and you can schedule it every hour!

i use sktools free up ram. have you tried it?
i would like to give the clean ram a try, as this one has a lot of unneeded baggage, cuz u gota register it to use it fully. got a cab?
Old 04-20-2009, 04:19 PM
intx is the sexiest VIP
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

intx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to intx Send a message via Yahoo to intx

I hated 21042, had so so so so many issues with it.

21038 and 21028 were both good for me.

Donate if you like my work!
Old 04-20-2009, 04:25 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by intx View Post
I hated 21042, had so so so so many issues with it.

21038 and 21028 were both good for me.
I was happy with both of those build as well, although I'll likely never run a 6.1 rom again.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:30 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubated View Post
i use sktools free up ram. have you tried it?
i would like to give the clean ram a try, as this one has a lot of unneeded baggage, cuz u gota register it to use it fully. got a cab?
yeah here is the cab. clean ram works much better for me, sktools doesnt free up nearly as much and with clean ram you can schedule it to automatically free ram up ever 1, 3, etc hours and you can choose what level it cleans at
Attached Files
File Type: cab htcAddicts_cleanRAM_v1.1.6.cab (129.4 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-20-2009, 04:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Whitestone
Carrier: Verizon

w0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

42 here
Old 04-20-2009, 05:41 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

i was lovin 21015 for a while, been on 21042 mostly for the last 2 weeks. does some quirky things sometimes but i love it
Old 04-20-2009, 05:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

21028 from Calcu's kitchen ...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development