PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   I have a few questions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65501)

fishnmagician 04-19-2009 11:50 AM

I have a few questions

I just got my Touch Diamond a few days ago and was putting a few themes on it. My provider is Ntelos my rom is stock 1.22.557.1 When I put themes on using TF3D Config it really messes with my phone. I lost my weather listings it changed to french. I lost my internet connection (i could still use wifi just not Ntelos data connection). When I went back into TF3D Config and hit the renturn default My internet connection started working. Does this make sense to anybody? When i put a theme on using .cab files everything works fine. Am i doing something wrong. Is there a updated ROM I should put on my phone or a better one that will make my phone run better? Remind everyone I dont know much about this stuff so...](*,)

intx 04-19-2009 12:06 PM

Re: I have a few questions

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishnmagician (Post 859522)
I just got my Touch Diamond a few days ago and was putting a few themes on it. My provider is Ntelos my rom is stock 1.22.557.1 When I put themes on using TF3D Config it really messes with my phone. I lost my weather listings it changed to french. I lost my internet connection (i could still use wifi just not Ntelos data connection). When I went back into TF3D Config and hit the renturn default My internet connection started working. Does this make sense to anybody? When i put a theme on using .cab files everything works fine. Am i doing something wrong. Is there a updated ROM I should put on my phone or a better one that will make my phone run better? Remind everyone I dont know much about this stuff so...](*,)

Ntelos got a touch diamond? really? What's the data plan like on it? I switched to sprint from them due to lack of choice of phones, and overall being too expensive(esp when it comes to data).

And honestly, you should just put on a new rom with a theme you like already.

fishnmagician 04-19-2009 12:09 PM

The data package is 29.99 and around here they have the best deals everywhere else would have been about 20 dollars more a month. I like to change themes alot. my last phone i changed about everyday. Is that bad for this phone?

fishnmagician 04-19-2009 12:13 PM

If i do change roms which one works the best? I prefer not doing that since i dont know how to but if that is the problem then i will

intx 04-19-2009 12:24 PM

Nah, you can change themes daily, if you want.

There are a lot of great ROMs, and I'd say try a few out and see what you like.

Some are different, for example:

Mighty is regular touchflo3d, pretty stable
intxrom is a Rhodium Touchflo3d release(landscape tf3d, better everything, but still a little buggy)
FuFu is a combo of Windows Mobile 6.5, and Rhodium
Groove is 6.5 without Touchflo3d

And there are others.

If you need some personal help, just hit me up.

(And wow, 30 dollars for data? What's the stock rom on it like? What's the theme?)

fishnmagician 04-19-2009 12:31 PM

Is putting a new rom on it tricky? could it mess my phone up if i do something wrong? I like touch flo so i would want that on it. i also like my internet connection since i am paying for it. lol. As far as telling u how the stock rom is on it i have no comparison so i dont know if it is bad or good and the theme is just black and greyish looking I have seen it many times on here as original diamond theme or something like that. I would like to keep the rom i have on it but i would like to mess with putting different themes on it just want everything to work like it did before i put it on there. is there a reason why it would be doing that?

intx 04-19-2009 12:34 PM

The stock ROM is very, very weak when it comes to speed, performance, and things like that.

You could potentially mess up your phone if you do something wrong, but it's very easy, and this was my first WM phone as well, and I've now flashed at least 100 times.

Try going to Calkulin's Kitchen thread, and in the second post download a Manila cab, and see if that will allow you to keep your internet connection.

I don't know why a theme would break it.

fishnmagician 04-19-2009 12:40 PM

thanks will try that. what does that do? I have seen manilla in a lot of threads what is that. I know i am asking alot of questions and i really have read through alot of posts it just doesnt make much sense to me right now.

intx 04-19-2009 12:58 PM

Manila = TF3D.

It's fine dude, we all gotta start somewhere.

TF3D is comprised of a LOT of files called "Manila files". They're named like 47jfnas_manila, 23bb47d_manila, etc and that's why we call them that.

Those manila cabs in that thread will simply "replace" those manila files(which are basically graphics compressed and in a format readable by the phone) with the graphics for that theme.

All these CAB files are uninstallable since they backup those files and if you ever need to get rid of it, simply go to Settings-System-Remove Programs and remove the cab.

Warning: Turn off TF3D by going to Settings-Today-Items and uncheck it and press ok. Then install your theme cab and soft reset(take phone back off and push stylus into reset, it will not delete anything, think of it as just restarting your Windows PC) and then turn back on TF3D the way you turned it off.

You will need to turn off TF3D before you uninstall as well.

I hope this helped.

fishnmagician 04-19-2009 01:11 PM

thanks alot that really explained alot. I kind of understand that cab files cant mess up your phone to bad because they can be uninstalled but can putting a theme on using TF3D config mess up your phone at all?