PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2009, 01:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch and TP2
Carrier: Sprint

sadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[SPRINT][ROM] vRom 1.12 SYS 23009 & 19974 [UPDATED 7-24]

vRom WM6.5 SYS 23009

with customized rlToday app launcher now fully integrated together with wm6.5 tsk themes

HTC Diamond for Sprint CDMA only. Not tested with other cdma carriers.

7/23/09: very reliable build. not as fast as 6.1 in post #2. battery is quite good and has a lot of eye candies.

if you have issues with hard reset or corrupted files with your device after flashing to this rom. i recommend you flash back to shipped rom; flash your prefered radio; and then finally flash to this rom. i can not explain how this method work, but it does, and this will save you a lot of troubles.

disclaimmer:

i have flashed this rom on 2 different sprint diamonds and it works fine on both. however, this rom is provided "as is" and you flash this rom at your own risk. i will not be held responsible if you messed up your phone with this rom.

included:

Cooked with Indagroove's kitchen and sys 3009 Calkulins's base
Battery Monitor 1.30.0.0
PHM Registry Editor 0.70
Office mobile
Windows live messenger
Teeter, chess, solitary, bubbles
PIM Backup 2.8
Jbed Java 0.0.20090217.51R2
Notification Enhancement 2.0.1914.1131
Random Access 4.1.1822.2125.0
Task Manager 2.1.37655.1
Volume Control 1.6
Album 3.0.1914.1129.0
FM Radio 1.6.1817.4024.1
YouTube 1.6.1911.3327.00
Voice Recorder 1.10.1912.3431.0
YouTube 1.6.1822.2028
no2chem nueDynamicClock 1.3
no2chem_nueTools_nueNoBar 2.0
no2cheme usb rapid charge
Rhodium_IME_EzInput_Western_VGA soft keyboard
PhoneCanvas 3.40.32288.1 white S2A (support limited 3-way calling from your contacts)
Opera 9.7b1 (uninstallable)
Google Map 3.0.1.6 (uninstallable)
VRLToday 1.1 beta app launcher

not included:

touchflo3d/manilla
touchflo/bio touch
incall recorder (not compatible with PhoneCanvas 3.40.32288.1)

not included sys option:

adobe flash
autoupdate
chome (titanium today)
enterprise
livesearch
remote desktop mobile
skymarket
sqlce mobile
transcriber
voicecommand
voip
voIPOS
welcome center
windows live IM
all titianium widgets

issues:

-sometime not able to switch between tsk themes, just have to retry until it works.
-3 way/conference calling limited to your contacts/address book list.
-no landscape mode for VRLToday.
-keyboard popup button sometime/frequent appear on top of bottom bar. seems to be nuenobar 2.0 and wm6.5 issue.

-GPS icon in VRLToday is set to launch tomtom gps navigator located in program files/navigator. if you use other gps nav program, you need to edit the skin.xml file (read below under customization)

customization:

to edit shortcuts and change icons for VRLToday, locate skin.xml file in device/windows directory and edit it with your favorite text editor.
icons are sized at 83x83 pixel or 85x86 with shadows

thanks and credit:

calkulin, indagroove, no2chem and so many other who dedicated so much time(countless hours), energy and brain into making this community better. if you could spare a few dollars in donating to them. please do it.

download link: removed

Last edited by sadthai; 08-20-2009 at 04:11 AM.
This post has been thanked 11 times.
Old 06-20-2009, 01:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

sadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [SPRINT CDMA][ROM] vRom 6.17.09 [VRLToday Theme]

vRom WM6.1 Build 19974

with customized Louis Vuitton rlToday app launcher

HTC Diamond for Sprint CDMA only. Not sure if it works with other cdma carriers.

i cooked this rom for personal use with calkulins kitchen. i ended up with a very fast rom and great battery performance, so maybe someone here would also prefer this rom too. VRLToday interface, done by me, is also something different from the nice but regular tf3d. i have also mix and match goodies from juicy and indagroove base. all credits and thanks go to Calkulin, Indagroove, Juicy and other ppl who have contributed.

very light and lean rom with the best battery and speed. i recorded 3 1/2 hours (210 mins) of talk time with the combination of this rom and the latest alltel 1.03.13F radio. ram usage is at about 43mb at boot up compare to 65mb with touchflo 3d.

i have fully tested this rom with 2 different diamonds for the last couple of days and had zero issues, but if you have issues with hard reset or corrupted files with your device after flashing to this rom. i recommend you flash back to shipped rom; flash your prefered radio; and then finally flash to this rom. before i didnt really believe this method would do anything, but i'm now a believer.

disclaimmer:

i have flashed this rom on 2 different sprint diamonds and it works fine on both. however, this rom is provided "as is" and you flash this rom at your own risk. i will not be held responsible if you messed up your phone with this rom.

included:

Calkulin's Sys 19974
CleanRam 1.5.0
GFxboost 1.1
Battery Monitor 1.30.0.0
HTC Calculator 1.0.1913.2026.00
PHM Registry Editor 0.70
Office mobile
Teeter, chess, solitary, bubbles
PIM Backup 2.8
QuickGPS 1.01.1913.1225.00
Touch Response 0.3.2
Windows Live Messenger 10.6.53.500
Cyberon Voice Speed Dial 1.2.b090220.R2
Enlarge Start Menu 1.2.37901.1
Jbed Java 0.0.20090217.51R2
Notification Enhancement 2.0.1914.1131
Random Access 4.1.1822.2125.0
Task Manager 2.1.37655.1
Volume Control 1.6.1820.1829
Album 3.0.1914.1129.0
FM Radio 1.6.1817.4024.1
YouTube 1.6.1822.2028
Voice Recorder 1.10.1912.3431.0
YouTube 1.6.1822.2028
no2chem nueDynamicClock 1.3
no2chem_nueTools_nueNoBar 1.3
no2cheme usb rapid charge
Rhodium_IME_EzInput_Western_VGA soft keyboard
PhoneCanvas 3.40.32288.1 white s2a (support limited 3-way calling from your contacts)
Opera 9.7b1 (uninstallable)
Google Map 3.0.1.4 (uninstallable)
VRLToday LV beta app launcher

not included:

touchflo3d/manilla
touchflo/bio touch
menu enhancement (not compatible with sys 19974)
incall recorder (not compatible with PhoneCanvas 3.40.32288.1)
the towsen taskbar in the screen capture

issues:

-under setting>power>advanced tab>on battery power> turn off device if not used for: is not set. it is recommended that you set it to your desired time (minutes).
-javascript is disabled in opera 9.7b1. to log into websites such as sprintpcs.com to view your account info, you need to enable java plugins (opera settings>advanced>check enable javascript).
-homepage for opera browser is not set.
-3 way/conference calling limited to your contacts/address book list.
-no landscape mode for VRLToday.
-GPS icon in VRLToday is set to launch tomtom gps navigator located in program files/navigator. if you use other gps nav program, you need to edit the skin.xml file (read below under customization)

customization:

to edit shortcuts and change icons for VRLToday, locate skin.xml file in device/windows directory and edit it with your favorite text editor.
icons are sized at 83x83 pixel or 85x86 with shadows

download link: removed

Last edited by sadthai; 08-20-2009 at 04:12 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:25 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: [SPRINT CDMA ROM] vRom 6.17.09 [VRLToday Theme]

Sadthai, congrats on your release. nice to see a little changeup in the lineup! Best of luck.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:04 AM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work
Re: [SPRINT][CDMA][ROM] vRom 6.17.09 [VRLToday Theme][SYS 19974]

Nice. This is a good solid sys for those who still wanna rock 6.1
Old 06-20-2009, 07:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Congrats on your first public offering ...
Old 06-20-2009, 08:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

There's not a radio included in this correct? Its been my expierience that sprit roms work with my carrier (cellular south) as long as I dont change the radio.

Also is there a cab vers of your app launcher? I'd love to try it out before flashing if possible.

PMD ROMz - Please hit the Thanks button if I've helped you!
Old 06-20-2009, 09:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by powe6563 View Post
There's not a radio included in this correct? Its been my expierience that sprit roms work with my carrier (cellular south) as long as I dont change the radio.

Also is there a cab vers of your app launcher? I'd love to try it out before flashing if possible.
no radio is included with this rom. however, if you have a cdma carrier, radio from another cdma carrier should work with your carrier. i have sprint, but i have flashed and tried almost all other cdma radios, including verizon, telus, us cell, and alltel.

the vrltoday app launcher is still in beta stage and isnt available by itself yet.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadthai View Post
no radio is included with this rom. however, if you have a cdma carrier, radio from another cdma carrier should work with your carrier. i have sprint, but i have flashed and tried almost all other cdma radios, including verizon, telus, us cell, and alltel.

the vrltoday app launcher is still in beta stage and isnt available by itself yet.
Yeah I try not to mess with the radio because I havent been able to find the Cellular South shipped radio in case I need to restore it.

I look forward to trying out the launcher when its available. I have a great ROM right now though.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Good ol Sprint has 4G now

mrheineken08 is becoming a great contributor

this rom looks sweet, looks like you put a lot of hard werk and time into this. especially that you took the time to test it, unlike others. im wondering if it has finger scrolling. i think its awesome its not in.7z or an exe cuz i dont use a comp and feel its a waste of time to flash from my comp when i can do it from internal storage faster i can even flash radios fradios from internal. so its useless to flash from comp. thanks a bunch for your werk. i think it rocks and isnt nerdy at all. very intelligent actually. peace out. keep your hands off my heiny baby!
Old 06-20-2009, 10:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to chino331 Send a message via Skype™ to chino331

Wow, this looks really nice! I'm going to try to talk my wife into letting me flash her Diamond AGAIN... lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development