PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   MMS showing up as a link (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65342)

bnl552 04-17-2009 05:15 PM

MMS showing up as a link

I am currently running the RSTG rom with Arcsoft MMS and when I get an MMS it just comes as a txt with a link to the sprint picturemail website to view it. Is there a way to receive the actual picture in the message, not just a link? I though arcsoft was supposed to do that.

marcjen 04-17-2009 05:38 PM

Re: MMS showing up as a link

If you're on Sprint, use Sprint Picture Mail.

If you just got your phone, you might have to have the reprovision it to make it work with pictures.

When I first got my Diamond, I only received texts with links. I had to call Sprint, they reset my account or something and I've been getting pictures on my phone ever since.

Good luck, it's a Sprint side issue, not your phone/app.

bnl552 04-18-2009 09:00 PM

I just tried to call tech support and they insisted that the diamond cannot receive acutal mms messages, just the link to the sprint picture mail website. Is this true? I thought that the diamond (unlike previous winmo phones from sprint) actually supported mms. The guy even talked to his supervisor. Can anyone help?

marcjen 04-19-2009 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnl552 (Post 858455)
I just tried to call tech support and they insisted that the diamond cannot receive acutal mms messages, just the link to the sprint picture mail website. Is this true? I thought that the diamond (unlike previous winmo phones from sprint) actually supported mms. The guy even talked to his supervisor. Can anyone help?

Wow, I figured after more than 6 months of the phone being out, they'd have some info in their problem lookups on their computers.

I got the exact same run around, just call back and keep insisting. Tell them the Diamond manual has MMS in it SHOWING actual pictures, not links to the website. What the hell do they think the Picture Mail app is for?

If you're getting text links, Sprint needs to fix it, I swear. Keep calling. Tell them to reset your picture mail account or re-provision the phone or setup data services or something. But you're not getting off the phone until you see a picture arrive properly for the $500 phone you just bought.

:)

(Good Luck!)

marcjen 04-19-2009 12:40 AM

Make sure you are doing all this with the Sprint Shipped Rom (one from HTC's site should work fine). (Including the Sprint Radio)

Once you get it working with Sprint from that, you should be fine from then on out.

jsvt3 04-19-2009 01:14 AM

I use Arcsoft and get and send my MMS messages lightning fast.

Journeyjeans 04-19-2009 03:50 AM

Yeah Arcsoft is the way to go. Sprint PictureMail blows.

clayfu 04-26-2009 01:15 AM

*hum* my MMS just stopped receiving/sending. Anyone know what the server address should be?

Stoney60 04-27-2009 09:10 AM

I sent one to my daughter's phone yesterday using Arcsoft she got the actual pic, not a link.