PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2009, 04:17 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GPS issue after cooking with 21501 kitchen.

I just cooked up a ROM for a diamond with the 21501 PPCKitchen. Everything works fine except for GPS. Location settings are on, GPSone settings are there and I've installed the Alltel GPS settings cab....but I don't get any locks...

Did I miss something?
Old 04-24-2009, 05:23 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: GPS issue after cooking with 21501 kitchen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
I just cooked up a ROM for a diamond with the 21501 PPCKitchen. Everything works fine except for GPS. Location settings are on, GPSone settings are there and I've installed the Alltel GPS settings cab....but I don't get any locks...

Did I miss something?
GPS works fine in my base.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:36 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
GPS works fine in my base.
What base are you using?

Nevermind, found it on your thread. Have you tested your base with Alltel and GPS?
Old 04-25-2009, 08:44 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

The one in post 4 of my rom thread.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:49 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
The one in post 4 of my rom thread.
Yup, found it. Thanks. I will try this out Monday when I get back to work. (It's my bosses phone that has the issue...WHOOPS!)
Old 04-26-2009, 10:43 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

Diamond wm6.5 Alltel 21501-1.txt

Here's the selction list as requested by Gguruusa in the 6.5 devepolers thread. Hope it helps

Last edited by joojoobee666; 04-26-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:06 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
Attachment 30781

Here's the selction list as requested by Gguruusa in the 6.5 devepolers thread. Hope it helps
Before we start chasing wild geese, there are a couple of things you should do.

First, build a clean rom without anything checked (well, add htc's gps tool so you can test), and see if you have the problem.
If it does have the issue after flashing clean, flash stock and see if the problem exists. If it does, it's not the CE portion of your rom that's an issue.
If it doesn't have the issue after flashing clean, add your oems back in until the problem reoccurs.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:31 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
Before we start chasing wild geese, there are a couple of things you should do.

First, build a clean rom without anything checked (well, add htc's gps tool so you can test), and see if you have the problem.
If it does have the issue after flashing clean, flash stock and see if the problem exists. If it does, it's not the CE portion of your rom that's an issue.
If it doesn't have the issue after flashing clean, add your oems back in until the problem reoccurs.
Yeah, the clean ROM will be my next move if I have time tomorrow, then I also planned on going to the stock as well. Thanks for the idea for the radio on 6.5 thread, didn't think about that one.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:36 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

Ok, GPS worked fine on stock 6.1....crap, WTF? Back to cooking....
Old 04-27-2009, 01:02 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

I just cooked a COMPLETELY clean 6.5 ROM with the PPCKitchen 21501 base devoid of any and all OEM's and GPS is working now too. Boy, this is gonna be fun now...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development