PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2009, 06:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

evertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ervius Kitchen 8.6 for CDMA Diamond - SYS 21502 & 21222

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsterdave View Post
Here you go, i think this is what you wanted.
Thanks!
Old 05-18-2009, 10:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic
Threadstarter

daryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to daryelv

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
so i've built a couple of ROMs with your kitchen, and although I like the new kitchen I'm experiencing some problems.

- menus and scroll bars are the old ugly 6.1 style and not 6.5
- if I try using a 6.5 theme it doesn't apply (it stays as some gray colored theme).
- not selecting any taskbar icons still results in a custom signal bar icon. Would be nice to have a clean WM6.5 set of icons. I've seen very few kitchens or ROMs that actually make use of the stock WM6.5 icons. They are either a mish mash of 6.5 icons and low-res 6.1 icons, or a combination of some custom icons.

Also, would be nice to have a way to check out only particular SYS/XIP to keep the size down.

Thanks!
I don't change the SYS files that come from Da_G, so I'm not sure why the icons are changing. Something must be overwriting your icon file. Check the build-log.txt in the root directory to see what's getting overwritten and which OEM or EXT Package it's in.

Checking out a particular SYS/XIP is easy in Tortoise SVN. Use the Repo Browser and you can selectively checkout folders from the Repository.

I've got a new Repository loaded and am testing it today. It's hosted on my home server, so there's plenty of space. I'm limited to a 1.5 mb/s upload on my broadband, but that should be fine for now with the limited traffic.

Edit:
I found the problem with the one icon in the taskbar. Put this CDMA_RSSI_PPC.dll into your OEM\DIAMOND\Common\OEMDrivers folder and it should take care of it.

-Daryel
Attached Files
File Type: zip CDMA_RSSI_PPC.zip (18.3 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by daryelv; 05-18-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

onlinespending is keeping up the good workonlinespending is keeping up the good workonlinespending is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryelv View Post
Edit:
I found the problem with the one icon in the taskbar. Put this CDMA_RSSI_PPC.dll into your OEM\DIAMOND\Common\OEMDrivers folder and it should take care of it.

-Daryel
Thanks a lot for finding that dll that fixes that one icon. I'll have to give it a try.

Are you experiencing the same thing we are with not getting 6.5 themes to work? It seems to show the older 6.1 style scroll bars and menus.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

daryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
Thanks a lot for finding that dll that fixes that one icon. I'll have to give it a try.

Are you experiencing the same thing we are with not getting 6.5 themes to work? It seems to show the older 6.1 style scroll bars and menus.
I'm using the Classic Blue theme right now, all the scrollbars and menus look correct. I've also played with other 6.5 themes and everything looks fine with them as well. Which themes are you trying to apply exactly? Could you upload a TSK file to try out?

-Daryel
Old 05-18-2009, 08:00 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:

Edit:

-Daryel
wm 6.5 doesn't need that dll. Just get it out of your kitchen, delete the reg entry that points to it, and you will have the icons seen here:

Old 05-18-2009, 09:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
wm 6.5 doesn't need that dll. Just get it out of your kitchen, delete the reg entry that points to it, and you will have the icons seen here:

Does the default one support the 6 bar Sprint? Or is it the 4 bar default?
Old 05-18-2009, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Latest... includes 21232...

ftp://daryel.homeunix.com/

I have it in a SVN Repository too...

https://daryel.homeunix.com/svn/Ervi...Diamond/trunk/

You will probably get a certificate error (because of the https), but this should allow everyone to checkout anonymously. I'm still testing this server setup, so it's really been for my own use. But you can use it if you prefer using SVN rather than downloading a whole kitchen each upgrade.

-Daryel
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

onlinespending is keeping up the good workonlinespending is keeping up the good workonlinespending is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I'm using the Classic Blue theme right now, all the scrollbars and menus look correct. I've also played with other 6.5 themes and everything looks fine with them as well. Which themes are you trying to apply exactly? Could you upload a TSK file to try out?

-Daryel
I was actually just trying to apply the ones included with the ROM I built using your kitchen. First I built one using 21222 with Manila. It strangely had the 6.1 style scroll bars and menus, and the top and bottom bars were gray. And none of the included 6.5 themes would stick when selected through the home screen settings. So I then tried building a 21222 ROM w/o Manila and the same thing happened.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

links don't seem to be working for me, getting a "could not connect to server (https://daryel.homeunix.com)" w/tortoise

(ftp could be due to our proxy)
Old 05-19-2009, 10:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

evertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
links don't seem to be working for me, getting a "could not connect to server (https://daryel.homeunix.com)" w/tortoise

(ftp could be due to our proxy)
I'm getting the same thing... the direct link isn't working either for me
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development