PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Calk's Kitchen problems (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65308)

nitefall 04-17-2009 01:30 PM

Calk's Kitchen problems

I just wanted to know if I was the only one having problems with the kitchen and making a rom that boots.
I dl'ed the newest 6.5 kitchen and cooked a rom but it always gets stuck in the first boot screen with the radio and rom version in red
I even tried the newest system with Calk's 1.6 kitchen and that wouldn't work either.

While trying to cook I ran into problems with g'reloc in that I either got an error or it would just hang, so I put the newest g'reloc and wm'reloc into the kitchen and everything seemed to go through fine except once again the rom would hang at teh boot screen.

If anyone can help or give me a hint to whats going on I would appreciate it.
If you need any more info just ask :)

tersoth 04-17-2009 04:27 PM

Re: Calk's Kitchen problems

im using calk's 4.6.1 wm6.5 kitchen and havent had any problems building a rom with it. if you are going to try another sys i believe you have to use something besides g'relock. indagrove posted a zip file in his thread around page 90-100 that you nded to extract to the root of your kitchen folder and into the "tools" folder too.

daryelv 04-17-2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitefall (Post 855645)
I just wanted to know if I was the only one having problems with the kitchen and making a rom that boots.
I dl'ed the newest 6.5 kitchen and cooked a rom but it always gets stuck in the first boot screen with the radio and rom version in red

Where are you getting your SYS and XIP from? The issue you're experiencing sounds like an improper XIP was inserted into your payload.

Also, there have been issues sometimes with things going "funky" when flashing a 6.1 21xxx ROM or 6.5 21xxx ROM. Flashing back to the Stock Shipped ROM (let all customizations run) and flashing your ROM again fixes the issue a lot of times.

-Daryel

nitefall 04-17-2009 05:23 PM

I flash to a stock rom before flashing a custom rom everytime, ran into to many problems not doing so, and as far as the system and xip it's the one from Calk's 4.6.1 kitchen.

I'm not sure why I was getting the g'reloc error or hangs but after extracting the ones groove posted it worked fine but then wouldn't boot.

I've been building for almost 2 years now and never ran into this problem before.

One thing I did notice is I had the stock rom on my phone because I didn't have time before I ran out to install a custom rom and take a chance on having to flash again, but while I was out and my wife was driving I decided to install some stuff I use and saw the notification menu enhancement cab so I installed that and it asks for you to reset the device. I did so and bam it stalls on the boot screen so maybe this could have somethign to do with it. I really like the new notification menu enhancement but can live without it if it's causing boot failure.

daryelv 04-17-2009 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitefall (Post 856197)
One thing I did notice ..... saw the notification menu enhancement cab so I installed that ....

Hmmmm... the XIP and SYS in Calcu's kitchen shouldn't give any problems. Look in your kitchen's "Tools" folder for a ZIP file called WMRELOC.ZIP and unzip the G'RELOC.EXE to the base kitchen folder and WMRELOC.EXE into the Tools directory. This will cause WMRELOC to run instead of G'RELOC. Sometimes it's necessary on the 6.5 builds. Check the end of the WMRELOCLOG.TXT file (found in the base kitchen folder) after building to make sure it didn't run out of memory. The last line should be something like "Module Name: something (something - something)".

I've heard that the notification menu may cause problems in 6.5, it depends on what else is included. I ran it back on earlier builds (21189, 21193) but started getting weird things later. I stopped using HTC Notifications, HTC Volume Control, HTC Phonecanvas, etc. with my latest 6.5 ROMs. Then again, I don't run Manila either.

-Daryel

nitefall 04-17-2009 06:51 PM

Well after a haircut I built a Rom leaving out the menu enhancement and boot screen hung again I'll try it with unzipping that and putting the files where you said.

Think a flash back to stock is necessary since it never did boot up? I have been doing it just because I figure everything is there for the custom rom and something obviously went wrong.

It seems pointless they were the exact same thing as the ones from groove's thread that I got.

So now I wait I guess for Calk's newest kitchen.............

Donatom3 04-17-2009 07:02 PM

nitefall I was having this problem, I just deleted the kitchen and re extracted it. It worked after that.

nitefall 04-17-2009 07:10 PM

Maybe I'll try it again but have done thsi once already lol
Thanks though Going to give it a go now..

ajm144k 04-17-2009 07:14 PM

well just from what i have been told, it could be something missing in your oemdrivers folder.

nitefall 04-17-2009 07:19 PM

I never had thsi problem before .7z think maybe alzip isn't extracting the files correctly?