PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 08:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

ratman24 is keeping up the good workratman24 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 4-16-09 Wm6.5 21501 Rom ReeseBoy

nice downloading now going to mess with it all day at work thx for your hard work
Old 04-17-2009, 08:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell

goldengraham is becoming a great contributor

Hey ReeseBoy,
I'm very anxious to try out this ROM of yours. I'd imagine since you made a Sprint ROM separately that there are carrier customizations in the Altel ROM. I'm with Bell, could you make a ROM for us blue folks? Tho I haven't seen any Bell cooks in here at all, maybe I'll have to take up the trade. Does the Sprint version have carrier stuff? Maybe I could just run that...

I just got my Diamond yesterday... I have flashed 6 times already! WOO! I like this phone much better than my original touch, tho I have to say so far that it's a little bit slower.

Thanks
GG
Old 04-17-2009, 09:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: Alltel

kwattro76 is keeping up the good workkwattro76 is keeping up the good workkwattro76 is keeping up the good work

Hey for those having issues with dialer interference issues just install advanced configuration and disable phone in there
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

tdemeza is a n00b

ReeseBoy,
I really like this Rom. Pretty cool and not too choppy as most 6.5's are.

I wanted to report a couple of things that maybe someone could help me with. I went into the Pictures and scrolling right and left from the home screen for the (I guess it is the Albums), I totally locked up twice after sliding left or right a couple of times.

I also locked up when attempting to send a new text message. That may have been an anomoly, I just thought I would mention it.

Finally, whenever I do a reset using the button on the back of the phone, inside the cover, it acts like a hard reset and I have to set my phone up from scratch again. Maybe this is normal in 6.5 Rom's though.

For those concerned, this by no means, reflects the stability or usability of this Rom, it could just me me or my phone

Thanks again!
Old 04-17-2009, 09:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Zeddicus is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdemeza View Post
ReeseBoy,

I wanted to report a couple of things that maybe someone could help me with. I went into the Pictures and scrolling right and left from the home screen for the (I guess it is the Albums), I totally locked up twice after sliding left or right a couple of times.

I also locked up when attempting to send a new text message. That may have been an anomoly, I just thought I would mention it.

Finally, whenever I do a reset using the button on the back of the phone, inside the cover, it acts like a hard reset and I have to set my phone up from scratch again. Maybe this is normal in 6.5 Rom's though.

For those concerned, this by no means, reflects the stability or usability of this Rom, it could just me me or my phone

Thanks again!
You may need to flash a shipped ROM, check the boards, those probs are usually resolved by that.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:15 AM
N00b

tdemeza is a n00b

Thank you. That being said, anyone have the latest Alltel shipped rom that I could flash to and then try this again?

And when you say to flash to the "Shipped Rom" it does not need to be "Locked" and then "Unlocked" again does it?
Old 04-17-2009, 10:58 AM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Threadstarter

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
Looks good. Nice to see more 6.5 roms up these days.

The Getting Started tab isn't really new, it's just usually disabled. Chronic just included everything in the sys that was there, because he didn't have much time (we were setting up for a Pink Floyd laser show today). The sys may need to be cleaned up a bit..

Also, there's another tab that's usually disabled, that I've been enabling lately in ChronicROM -- windows live. You can do it in the chome registry. PM me if you want help.
LOL I was wondering about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengraham View Post
Hey ReeseBoy,
I'm very anxious to try out this ROM of yours. I'd imagine since you made a Sprint ROM separately that there are carrier customizations in the Altel ROM. I'm with Bell, could you make a ROM for us blue folks? Tho I haven't seen any Bell cooks in here at all, maybe I'll have to take up the trade. Does the Sprint version have carrier stuff? Maybe I could just run that...

I just got my Diamond yesterday... I have flashed 6 times already! WOO! I like this phone much better than my original touch, tho I have to say so far that it's a little bit slower.

Thanks
GG
I have Bell as a carrier option - I don't know how it will work but if you want to try it I'll make one for ya later today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwattro76 View Post
Hey for those having issues with dialer interference issues just install advanced configuration and disable phone in there
Thanks for the info. I guess I should build that into the next one...
Old 04-17-2009, 11:12 AM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Threadstarter

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
ReeseBoy,

Thanks again!
As far as scrolling pictures I haven't messed with any yet in this build. If you could clarify for my (you probably did, but I haven't had enough coffee yet) do you mean in the pictures plugin on the titanium home screen, in "Pictures and Videos" on the start menu, or in "Album" on the start menu? ...Or is it all 3?

Texting - I've had it freeze on me in texting quite a bit, but I'll leave it set for 15 seconds or so and it continues on. Its done that to me in every wm6.5 build I've used so far.

reset button - I've never had it do a hard reset on me yet, so I would agree with flashing a shipped/stock ROM and then flashing back. Personally, I just use Conflipper's ROM from 11-28-08 and it works great - http://conflipper.com/custom%20roms/...d_11-28-08.exe

Quote:
Thank you. That being said, anyone have the latest Alltel shipped rom that I could flash to and then try this again?

And when you say to flash to the "Shipped Rom" it does not need to be "Locked" and then "Unlocked" again does it?
No it doesn't need to be locked to flash a shipped ROM.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell

goldengraham is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_reeseboy View Post
LOL I was wondering about that.
I have Bell as a carrier option - I don't know how it will work but if you want to try it I'll make one for ya later today.
Sounds good man, I'll be waiting.

GG
Old 04-17-2009, 11:20 AM
N00b

tdemeza is a n00b

The "Pictures" slider I was referring to is the Titanium plugin. I have not tested the other 2 options. I will do so once I get the other issues sorted and let you know.

As far as texting, I hope someone gets that sorted out, it sucks to think it locks up. And I totally agree, this seems to be standard across all 6.5's have tried also.

Reset Button - will flash to Conflipper's as you suggested, and then reflash and let you know how that goes. Hoping that does the trick, because it's very frustrating having to keep setting it up

On another note, anyone know if you can use "ThumbCal" in 6.5? I despise the standard calendar. Even the Rhodium interface for the calendar is a better UI than the one from M$.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development