PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   TO ALL COOKS, question about Diamond Roms (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=64987)

Brera 04-15-2009 01:19 AM

TO ALL COOKS, question about Diamond Roms

Man , I know I cant cook and all but whats with all these bland roms? No color no cool icons, start menu, taskbar. It looks all so watered down. What happend our visual moral?
I remember a time where it was hard to find a bland rom, a little (lot) to easy now. Lets get an awsome 6.5 rom with the option to use htc rhodium as today screen instead, custom apps and cool icons with color(not a solid red theme, solid blue , neon green, ect) but a variety of eye candy. I hope this comes out from one of our very own. Thanks you if support the idea!!

example of what i concider cool icons

http://ppcgeeks.com/forum.ppcgeeks/s...ht=sensor+apps

Drybonz 04-15-2009 01:37 AM

Re: TO ALL COOKS, question about Diamond Roms

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brera (Post 849561)
Man , I know I cant cook and all but whats with all these bland roms? No color no cool icons, start menu, taskbar. It looks all so watered down. What happend our visual moral?
I remember a time where it was hard to find a bland rom, a little (lot) to easy now. Lets get an awsome 6.5 rom with the option to use htc rhodium as today screen instead, custom apps and cool icons with color(not a solid red theme, solid blue , neon green, ect) but a variety of eye candy. I hope this comes out from one of our very own. Thanks you if support the idea!!

Hmm... I, personally, am color blind... and here I was thinking my rom was really colorful all along. Well, back to square one, I guess.

MoonZ*BabysH 04-15-2009 01:48 AM

OP , the reason they dont focus as much on the visuals, even though they do make them pretty nice is because Diffrent Strokes for Diffrent Folks, not everyone will like a certain icon set or backround or highlights. there are so many customizers out there for everyone to make there own that it really is one of those things that shouldnt be a factor in choosing a Rom. Its the responsivness and stablity that there main focus is on. Try making your own custom rom and try to cater to everones taste then talk to the chefs like you did. this thread is Effin Bland. lol

you even said it here, im pointing out how you said example of what YOU consider cool icons. Maybe others dont share your taste.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brera (Post 849561)
example of what i concider cool icons

on a side note, Drybones you Rock!

Brera 04-15-2009 02:00 AM

i agree but all these customizers i see also dont really have the visuals offered by older roms ( for older phones ) I flashed my diamond about 5 times tonight. all these roms seem pretty fast now-a-days :) i think im stickin with omj sprint theme custom

MoonZ*BabysH 04-15-2009 02:01 AM

what visuals are you talking about, because you can pretty much change anything on the diamond and tp. let me know cuz i have .cabs galor.

No1ustad 04-15-2009 02:03 AM

great. you wanna see WM6.5 Rhodium Rainbow Edition?

MoonZ*BabysH 04-15-2009 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No1ustad (Post 849626)
you wanna see WM6.5 Rhodium Rainbow Edition?

LMAO..:evil4:

djelmonstruo 04-15-2009 02:12 AM

performing ##786# reset (will erase my files on internal storage?)

MoonZ*BabysH 04-15-2009 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djelmonstruo (Post 849637)
performing ##786# reset (will erase my files on internal storage?)

No it wont.

djelmonstruo 04-15-2009 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonzbabysh (Post 849640)
No it wont.

thanks