PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 08:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [April '09] New Radio V1.07.06F - Port from TP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
bars are absolutely irrelevant
what do they refer to then?
Old 04-14-2009, 08:07 PM
Lurker

secion8 is a n00b

Does this work with a sprint touch pro? Is the battery life any better with this radio?
Old 04-14-2009, 08:11 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by secion8 View Post
Does this work with a sprint touch pro? Is the battery life any better with this radio?
No this one is packaged for the diamond. You can find this radio packaged for the tpro here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46616
Old 04-14-2009, 08:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by secion8 View Post

regarding battery life, i dont think anyone with a diamond can really comment on that yet since we've only had this radio for a couple hours. we'll know soon.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:13 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Is this really possible?
Oh. Wait. I think I know what happened.

OK. That's more realistic... I was still synced and it must have connected through my PC. The second one is the second test after I disconnected from the USB port. The 1st was horrible- showed something like 32KB/s. Must have still been initiating the connection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pc_capture22.jpg (94.1 KB, 70 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg pc_capture23.jpg (150.8 KB, 63 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Trident; 04-14-2009 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:22 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Is this really possible?
Oh. Wait. I think I know what happened.

OK. That's more realistic... I was still synced and it must have connected through my PC. The second one is the second test after I disconnected from the USB port. The 1st was horrible- showed something like 32KB/s. Must have still been initiating the connection.
well I just got 1.18mbs so not as good....
did it like 5 or 6 times. results ranging from 877 to 1.18. Not too shabby but about the same as the sprint and telus, just more consistent than the telus for me.

Last edited by Riley; 04-14-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

neelesh is becoming a great contributor

let us know how the battery life is once you guys have had it for a little. that is the biggest thing for me that I care about!
Old 04-14-2009, 08:35 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelesh View Post
let us know how the battery life is once you guys have had it for a little. that is the biggest thing for me that I care about!
sure, will post back in a day or so unless this radio goes south on me!
Old 04-14-2009, 08:43 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
well I just got 1.18mbs so not as good....
did it like 5 or 6 times. results ranging from 877 to 1.18. Not too shabby but about the same as the sprint and telus, just more consistent than the telus for me.
You get 1.18MB/s using EVDO?

I thought it maxed out around 1MB/s? No?
Quote:
...under normal conditions users experience a rate of approximately 500-1000kbit/s...
Old 04-14-2009, 08:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
You get 1.18MB/s using EVDO?

I thought it maxed out around 1MB/s? No?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EVDO#TIA-856_Rev._A
Is that where you got your quote from? If so, they are talking about upload. In theory, download speed to 3.1 Mbps and peak upload speed to 1.8 Mbps.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development