PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 12:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

geeserver is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My Diamond ROM-FLASHED out??? [SHIPPED ROM UNRESPONSIVE]

Make sure you flash from bootloader mode. If you can access bootloader you should be able to flash.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

beng2k is a n00b

ive been having the sameproblem. one day after flashing it became terribly unresposnive, wouldnt do anything and would take forever to load tf3d. flashed the shipped telus rom twice to no resolve.

telus claims my phone was watered damagaed, but it hass never seenwater. my assumption is perhaps i washed my hands and held it since it is so close to the edge.

So its either spend 500 for a new diamond from telus, take a touch dual for free, or 600 to get out of my contract.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Hind1 is keeping up the good workHind1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by beng2k View Post
ive been having the sameproblem. one day after flashing it became terribly unresposnive, wouldnt do anything and would take forever to load tf3d. flashed the shipped telus rom twice to no resolve.

telus claims my phone was watered damagaed, but it hass never seenwater. my assumption is perhaps i washed my hands and held it since it is so close to the edge.

So its either spend 500 for a new diamond from telus, take a touch dual for free, or 600 to get out of my contract.
Uhg, I hate Telus. When my Diamond bugged out, it literally took about 2 months to get another phone, and they only offered to give me a loaner phone the last week before we got the Diamond. They told us that it was only going to take a week, fail.

They're probably lying ...kidding, but try a different store. Sometimes you get some lazy people

Please don't forget to press in the rare occurrence that I have helped you!
Old 04-14-2009, 02:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa1300cc View Post
ok well I updated via pc to the new Sprint MR rom.
took me a few tries to get the alignment screen to work.
Then all was working well, sent a txt and going through the menus,
it began to be unresponsive again. So here I am again....

I have insurance on it, it definately needs to go back now!
Ya, you got bad hardware.

You flashed the latest ROM and its still doing it even after hard reset then you have bad hardware.

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 04-14-2009, 02:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: DIAMOND
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

Hayabusa1300cc is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Ya, you got bad hardware.

You flashed the latest ROM and its still doing it even after hard reset then you have bad hardware.

So check this out!!

And thanks, it really bad HW I believe. I even flashed new Sprint Maintenace Rom again, 3 times total and did not work for anything. I call this morning to Sprint repair store and told them
how the system has been acting. I planned to use my lunch time to go take it there, have the determine its failure, and order a new one. But noooo like 45mins before I could not get it to mess up like it was. I was like ooooh nooo you are not!

I soft reset many times, still acts fast and responsive. Very few times it glitches. So I take that it is fine. So I go to lunch, when I get back, guess what. The screen doesn't work, then it does but softkeys do not respond. So as of this very minute, it will either work halfass off and on, or not at all. So I am going for sure tomorrow!!

Hopefully the replacement will come in Friday, before the weekend hits now, if I went today I would have had a better chance. I lose lol....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development