PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2009, 11:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO, Blackberry Style
Carrier: Sprint

MrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 04-16-09 Almost Stock Sprint Rom Build 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procter View Post
OK, for the first one, there's a thread in xda talking about it. search "opera as default browser" in google and there it goes.
It wasn't that easy for me, but I finally found it. So if anybody else is having this problem thank elgar at xda for the following, as it worked for me after trying several different things with no avail.

1) Open Opera Mobile
2) Type opera:config into the address, this gives you access to tons of preferences
3) Expand the install bullet
4) Check Browser First Time Launch and press Save
5) Exit Opera
6) Restart Opera

The first time you restart it will take a while, and may even close without showing you the browser, but now open a link from e-mail or other source and it should use Opera to open.

As a note, the first time I tried it, it was telling me that there was nothing to save, so i unchecked it, saved it, checked it again, saved it, and exited out. It worked properly on the next go.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

juliocvaldez is keeping up the good workjuliocvaldez is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procter View Post
OK, for the first one, there's a thread in xda talking about it. search "opera as default browser" in google and there it goes.

As for the 2nd one, I did not manage to do it. First of all, the TV tab was listed as "unknown" in touchflo 3d config, and it could not see the Sprint TV on internal storage. All I have in that tab is a "sprint TV" title, a loading screen then "name" and "url".
I'm just stumped to why you're having these issues. I just installed my TV to internal storage and TF3D saw it just fine. I know TF3D Config will see the TV tab as "Unknown" regardless. For the record, are you letting customizations run?
Old 05-07-2009, 03:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Procter is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliocvaldez View Post
I'm just stumped to why you're having these issues. I just installed my TV to internal storage and TF3D saw it just fine. I know TF3D Config will see the TV tab as "Unknown" regardless. For the record, are you letting customizations run?
I did nothing special, and yes I did let the customization run all the way.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:56 AM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: 05-05-09 Almost Stock Sprint Rom Build 2 and Kitchen Base

The kitchen file is not on MegaUpload:

"Unfortunately, the link you have clicked is not available.Reasons for this may include:
- Invalid link
- The file has been deleted because it was violating our Terms of service."
Old 05-07-2009, 01:52 PM
SL.
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

SL. is becoming a great contributor

anyone looking to take over where juliocvaldez left off? i've never been one to cook my own ROM's, just flashing custom ones that I like.

Sprint Customer for 4+ Years
SERO 500 : 3 Lines : 20% Loyalty Discount : 1 HTC Diamond : 1 HTC Touch

HTC Diamond :ROM: OMJ Sense
Old 05-07-2009, 04:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL. View Post
anyone looking to take over where juliocvaldez left off? i've never been one to cook my own ROM's, just flashing custom ones that I like.
I was thinking about it ... downloaded Julio's kitchen, and built a couple of roms. I have to say though, that I'm really spoiled by the 6.5 roms that I put together in Calcu's kitchen. The fresh look, the updated apps, but mainly the scrolling are just so much better in 21502 and 21222. Thanks again, Julio, for making your kitchen available.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

juliocvaldez is keeping up the good workjuliocvaldez is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
The kitchen file is not on MegaUpload:

"Unfortunately, the link you have clicked is not available.Reasons for this may include:
- Invalid link
- The file has been deleted because it was violating our Terms of service."
Sorry. I know I'm a bit slow at correcting these things. Just remember I do this in my free time, which obviously I don't have much of these days. Anyhow, the links are back up. I removed them cause I forgot to remove the .nbh in the ruu. This will save people about 90MB in the download. I did however leave the input.nbh which is the actual stock rom before it gets dissected. I left that just in case someone wants to start from scratch.

Last edited by juliocvaldez; 05-08-2009 at 03:21 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL. View Post
What exactly are you looking for in the rom? Maybe I could cook you something next chance I get. Or maybe someone here might beat me to it. If anyone wants to, feel free to cook and post your version of this rom here. I don't really cosider it "my rom" per se. All I did was remove some stuff. Let HTC or Microsoft finally take some credit here. LOL!
Old 05-08-2009, 03:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
I was thinking about it ... downloaded Julio's kitchen, and built a couple of roms. I have to say though, that I'm really spoiled by the 6.5 roms that I put together in Calcu's kitchen. The fresh look, the updated apps, but mainly the scrolling are just so much better in 21502 and 21222. Thanks again, Julio, for making your kitchen available.
You are very welcome my friend.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

neo3d is a n00b
Re: Almost Stock Sprint Rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliocvaldez View Post
I've been bouncing around from one UI to another trying to make my phone as practical and smooth as possible and maintaining stability and aesthetics. After all my findings, I have come up with a way using a combination of TF3D, iContactBE and some reg tweaks to accomplish this. I have also learned that light colors are best for me as I use my phone a lot in daylight. I am going to cook this same a rom with the Vodafone Manila and White Slide to Answer with curtain. If anyone is interested let me know and I will post it here as well.
I'm interested! I'm in the same boat. I want the best of the essential features and no other fluff. I don't really need to play games on mine or listen to music.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development