PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   HTC Diamond Rom Won't boot. Please help. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=64583)

abcxyz123 04-11-2009 07:16 PM

HTC Diamond Rom Won't boot. Please help.

Hi guys,

A few hours of use after installing Mystery II Rom, my phone crashed and now it refuses to boot. The phone would just power up and it just hangs at the TouchDiamond screen with the red prints at the bottom. I've already tried resetting it, but it still won't boot. Please help.

thanks..

Riley 04-11-2009 07:22 PM

Re: HTC Diamond Rom Won't boot. Please help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abcxyz123 (Post 841851)
Hi guys,

A few hours of use after installing Mystery II Rom, my phone crashed and now it refuses to boot. The phone would just power up and it just hangs at the TouchDiamond screen with the red prints at the bottom. I've already tried resetting it, but it still won't boot. Please help.

thanks..

you can enter bootloader mode, establish active sync and reflash another again or you may want to flash the shipped rom again to work from a clean slate.

Bootloader instructions hold: (Power+VolumeDown and hold down Reset)

auburnmk 04-11-2009 08:53 PM

also try taking the battery out(since its a 6.5 rom) then reset and see if that gets you past the previously reported screen. if not, then definitely follow riley's advice as he is much more knowledgable than i. just thought i'd throw out the obvious first....

Quote:

Hi guys,

thanks..

auburnmk 04-11-2009 08:56 PM

just noticed your profile says you own a samsung omnia......the Mystery II ROM is for the HTC Touch Diamond ...Mystery's ROm will not work ith an Omnia, fyi....again, just pointing out the obvious and trying to be helpful.

Quote:

Hi guys,

thanks..

gangmobb 04-11-2009 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auburnmk (Post 841999)
just noticed your profile says you own a samsung omnia......the Mystery II ROM is for the HTC Touch Diamond ...Mystery's ROm will not work ith an Omnia, fyi....again, just pointing out the obvious and trying to be helpful.

yea but look at the thread name lol and he says it stays in touch diamond screen ;P

auburnmk 04-11-2009 10:04 PM

are you serious....? lol i read the post..jesus h christ...lol he wouldn't be the first to post in the wrong forum, fyi

if he flashed another devices rom to his, the initial screen would be that of the ROM, not the device necessarily.........again, this is a response to help the uneducated in every way possible.

just wondering how your response is helpful to any one in any way btw.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gangmobb (Post 842019)
yea but look at the thread name lol and he says it stays in touch diamond screen ;P

abcxyz123 04-12-2009 10:25 AM

Hey guys, sorry for the confusion. i used to have an Omnia, but never updated my profile. I have any HTC touch diamond now.

Anyway, I was able to get into boot loader mode using (Power+VolumeDown and hold down Reset), but I can't get it to active sync with my PC.

thanks again for your help in advance..

SL. 04-12-2009 11:23 AM

Once in Bootloader, just connect to your PC via the USB cable and flash the Sprint Shipped ROM. Your PC should recognize the device when attempting to flash...

abcxyz123 04-12-2009 12:09 PM

Oh ok. I just assumed that since active sync didn't work that it wouldn't flash. Anyway, I'm flashing the sprint stock rom now. Hopefully it will work. You guys are a life saver!

thanks again...