PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 09:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02
Sprint Diamond on VZW using offical VZW ROM for Diamond

Ok not that the VZW Touch Diamond is out today 04/10/2009 is it possible to modify the VZW rom to work with the Sprint Touch Diamond? I am currently on VZW but am using a Sprint Touch Diamond on VZW. I am using right now Groove rom 4 WM6.5 and love it but cant access the internet with it. I tried a bunch of things with ##data and no luck....
Old 04-10-2009, 11:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Verizon Sprint AT&T

JBHorner is a n00b
Re: Sprint Diamond on VZW using offical VZW ROM for Diamond

My understanding is that the method utilized to activate a non-Verizon handset (*228 3) and/or the online tool, no longer work with non-Verizon handsets. This said, when updating the ROM on your existing Sprint handset would likely yield undesirable results--as the authentication keys and other configuration information would be overwritten with the new ROM. The way to solve this in the past was to merely "re-activate" the handset using *228 and/or the online tool. You run a risk of eliminating the ability to use standard services.

With that option gone, the task of getting any replacement ROM to work on Verizon's network is either impossible, or arduous. (Even more arduous than it was in the past.)

Joel
Old 04-10-2009, 11:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

There are some Touch Pro ROMs that are PST-safe. I would think as long as you update the ROM and not the PRI or Radio you would be alright in this regard, provided the ROM is PST safe and doesn't reset your settings. A modified Stock VZW ROM might do the trick, but again, no way to say for sure.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02

i did install the current sprint rom v2 that does have a new radio and it did not change my msl code back... I hope they really did not close that loop hole to activate phones on. I want to get a touch pro 2 or a diamond 2 and would love to use it on vzw without a dataplan as i am on a family plan and since my mother works for Verizon we get a discount and she wont have data as it is about 30 or 40 dollars more each month. I miss my data, wifi is ok but i like constent access

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development