PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Attention all cooks chefs battery better on stock (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=64411)

marco27 04-10-2009 02:53 AM

Attention all cooks chefs battery better on stock

Stock rom consumes less battery power then the average popular rom out there, i'm talking from 50 to a stable 75 ma versus 120 to 150 ma on cooked roms. I thought they should consume less and are enhanced for battery life.

Am i missing something here.

rstoyguy 04-10-2009 03:01 AM

Re: Attention all cooks chefs battery better on stock

My rom is neither average or popular, but I don't have many complaints about the battery life... Other than those that think it should last for 3 days.

You should give it a try, and if you have I'm open to suggestions to make it better. :)

marco27 04-10-2009 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoyguy (Post 838089)
My rom is neither average or popular, but I don't have many complaints about the battery life... Other than those that think it should last for 3 days.

You should give it a try, and if you have I'm open to suggestions to make it better. :)

Not sure which rom you created but i would test it out, it would be my pleasure, im running many tests on a stock htc side by side with custom roms and im seeing double battery consumption at IDLE, with less stuff running in the background. Im still trying to make sense of it all dont get me wrong!

MoonZ*BabysH 04-10-2009 03:07 AM

from what ive noticed personaly, almost every custom rom ive tried its way better on battery life over stock but that is IMHO

marco27 04-10-2009 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonzbabysh (Post 838096)
from what ive noticed personaly, almost every custom rom ive tried its way better on battery life over stock but that is IMHO

I understand that and it should be that way but numbers are still showing better outcomes with stock installed, again unless you use there hungry resource programs then everything fails but other than that it works way better.

I think all the extra bells and whistles are just not helping, custom roms.
The idea and tweaks are great but are not flawless due to extra stuff preinstalled. Now if they score below 100 mA they will get my donation and i will keep the rom for good on my diamond. So far the race is still on and numbers are all over 120 mA, discharge Current for battery power.

Im not here to mention any roms, im speaking in general and prefer not to put down anyone's hard work, this is purely my opinion.

its also simple having background tasks will consume power over others but the question is why have anything running at all when its not needed.

Staydown 04-10-2009 03:36 AM

you guy ROCK!!

Curb71 04-10-2009 03:46 AM

Cant say I agree. I wanted to throw my phone away when it was new cause the battery would die in the first few hours if I used it alot. On MR 4.4.2 for example my battery will last 5+ times as long using the phone the same. Not sure where you got your figures from but they cant be right for all roms. maybe just a few weak ones.

jjairal 04-10-2009 04:17 AM

which stock rom are u using the new release. 2.00.651.7 sprint ?

evertec 04-10-2009 06:22 AM

What brightness settings are you testing at? i get 93mA with my backlight set to auto indoors, 13mA when I have the screen turned off (this is with my 6.5 rom).

KBZL 04-10-2009 09:06 AM

What is the point in having your phone if you dont have all of the "bells and whistles". I believe I have much better battery life using all of the programs I want to use on a custom rom rather than staring at the clock on a stock rom.