PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   All Rhodium Roms: I Think I Have A Clock Fix (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=64345)

pask2155 04-09-2009 03:04 PM

All Rhodium Roms: I Think I Have A Clock Fix

Ok I have been running rhodium intx 1.4 for a while now, and I think I have found a fix for the time zone issues. Not sure so I need feedback....

All I did was after a hard reset, I immediately went to settings>personal>today>items and I unchecked the today timeout.

After I did this there has been no reseting of the clock to be off by an hour. Rhodium has always kept the right time for a while, then all the sudden it will be off by an hour.... But after doing this, my phone has kept the right time....

Don't know everything, but I think this is the real deal...

Give me feedback, and let me know what you think, but beware and don't blame me if your clock is off by an hour later on down the road...

But for me, I'm rockin even after soft resets and everything, and have been stable for a while now!

Calkulin 04-09-2009 03:15 PM

Re: All Rhodium Roms: I Think I Have A Clock Fix

I actually always have unchecked that and still get the problem every time I open World Clock but this problem will soon disappear as the new version XBmod is working doesn't have this issue

galinsky 04-09-2009 03:31 PM

when is that new version coming out? i am so stoked to see what in next!

auburnmk 04-09-2009 03:37 PM

i'll check it out! i'm currently running Fu Fu's 4.6 Rhodium 6.5, but may be flashing back to Mighty 4.8 soon...lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by pask2155 (Post 836515)
Ok I have been running rhodium intx 1.4 for a while now, and I think I have found a fix for the time zone issues. Not sure so I need feedback....

All I did was after a hard reset, I immediately went to settings>personal>today>items and I unchecked the today timeout.

After I did this there has been no reseting of the clock to be off by an hour. Rhodium has always kept the right time for a while, then all the sudden it will be off by an hour.... But after doing this, my phone has kept the right time....

Don't know everything, but I think this is the real deal...

Give me feedback, and let me know what you think, but beware and don't blame me if your clock is off by an hour later on down the road...

But for me, I'm rockin even after soft resets and everything, and have been stable for a while now!

pask2155 04-09-2009 03:42 PM

I forgot to mention I am in the eastern time zone... but give feedback, I still have not seen the clock get off yet

FastRX8 04-09-2009 06:20 PM

Unchecking the "today timeout" did not work for me.

I just avoid selecting the clock, and the time doesn't change.
I know it's not a fix, but I don't really have a need to select the clock since I use G-Alarm for appointments.

redd214 04-09-2009 06:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
only thing thats worked with consistency is this, if you hit the clock goes to the call history

sanvara 04-09-2009 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redd214 (Post 837101)
only thing thats worked with consistency is this, if you hit the clock goes to the call history

That's not the only thing that works. When I installed my Rhodium rom I just chose a time zone that was an hour ahead of my time zone during the setup and unchecked the time sync in phone settings and my time is always correct.

redd214 04-09-2009 08:25 PM

ur correct that does work, however not for everyone. the disable clock fix has thus far worked for everyone that has tried it.

renntecher 04-10-2009 03:45 AM

Tried it and it works Rhodium Manila seems to be almost complete with this work around =)