PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

siptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
About making your own rom.

I'm interested in learning how to make my own rom using a kitchen.

I was reading tut made by tobeychris and calc and was wondering if it was the latest sys and everything.

Any tips on what to use and hows to and all?

What do I really need?
Old 04-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond

Sailrace is keeping up the good workSailrace is keeping up the good work
Re: About making your own rom.

I think that far and away the easiest kitchen to use is Calkulin's. Download the latest full kitchen with SYS from here: http://www.myunspace.com/?d=03EA06E01

Start the Calkulin's Diamond Kitchen file once you extract everything. It will open a Command Prompt and give you a list of options. If you just want to cook up your own ROM without adding your own OEM's etc, then just select 1, and then 1 again. It will open up build OS. Then go through and select the items you want and don't want, and just be careful not to select 2 conflicitng Manila files or them files, etc.

Press the play button at the top and wait for Build OS to complete. Once done, close Build OS, and the kitchen will continue to build your ROM for you and just continue through the steps to update your Diamond.

This is a very simplified explanation, but it really is almost that easy.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

siptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

thanks for responding bud,

Sounds almost too easy lol. (only if it was ha)

Couple of things that I wanted to ask,

What if I wanted to try experimenting with different builds? Can I still use Calc's kitchen? Change out the sys folder using blank diamond build perhaps?

Also how I build in programs inside the rom itself? Just move the cab files to OEM folder? (I mean to add any specific programs not listed on calc's kitchen)

Also how do I change the splash screen? (I'm making one for my wife)
Thanks for all the help.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:29 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by siptang1227 View Post
thanks for responding bud,

Sounds almost too easy lol. (only if it was ha)

Couple of things that I wanted to ask,

What if I wanted to try experimenting with different builds? Can I still use Calc's kitchen? Change out the sys folder using blank diamond build perhaps?

Also how I build in programs inside the rom itself? Just move the cab files to OEM folder? (I mean to add any specific programs not listed on calc's kitchen)

Also how do I change the splash screen? (I'm making one for my wife)
Thanks for all the help.
It is easy.

Not sure what you mean about "blank Diamond Build", but yes you can swap out sys/xip for older/newer versions.

The boot splash screen is welcomehead.192.png in the Redist_dpi_192_resh_480_resv_640 folder of the sys.

To add new programs you have to convert the cab's to oem's, using OEMizer or Package Creator. They are both in Calcu's kitchen. Or you can have the cabs installed on first boot with the config_operator file.

Most of your questions have likely already been answered, so be sure to search like all good cooks do. Follow some of the links in rstoyguy's signature, and that will get you going..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

thanks, inda.

I actually did search but maybe my wording wasn't so great. (I didn't really find relevant posts to my need.)

Also I was reading rstoyguy's tut but wasn't quite sure if I could do that with calc's kitchen. (since it was already customed and all) [didn't want to mess up my wife's phone]

Well, thanks very much for answering me Inda, your 6.5 rom is awesome.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:48 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

How quickly things get outdated around here.... I currently use calcu's kitchen, needed a new one, grabbed the first one I found and stuck to it. You can still do the same with his kitchen as well. One day I'll update/rewrite it for a more modern kitchen.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:19 PM
intx is the sexiest VIP
Pocket PC: Hero

intx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to intx Send a message via Yahoo to intx

If you need some personal assistance, I could provide some via one of my instant messengers I have linked in the right corner.

I'm on a lot, just send me a message and I'll try to help.

Donate if you like my work!
Old 04-08-2009, 12:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Wow! Thanks for all the help guys!
I think I just had almost all the top tier chefs in ppcgeek in here today sharing their wisdom with me.

(I think I'm just missing mike and juicy/jdm lol.)

Thanks a bunch, I'll try something this week and see how it goes.
Thanks Inda,rstoyguy (ur tut is still awesome), intx and sailgace for all your feedbacks!
Old 04-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Result of my first build.

EPIC FAILURE.

I used Calcu's 1.5 Kitchen.

Had issues with

1.) Sprint clear digital clock turning into a white block of nothing. (didn't keep time in case you were wondering lol)

2.) Keyboard that I picked wasn't on. (keyboard was touch2diamond with arrows and it gave me alot of duplicate error while cooking [took 40 mins to sort that out])

3.) Splash screen not displayed at all while starting up. (correct size, same name as default and png extension. Did I miss anything here?)

Any ideas or inputs would be appreciated.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

what sys and oem's are you using?

i would suggest giving calc's most recent kitchen a shot. i think he has all the options you're looking to cook already in his kitchen. just DL one of the RC kitchens that already have the SYS/OEM/ROM folders

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development