PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   i took my phone to the sprint store today... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=64074)

jayweezie21 04-07-2009 08:39 PM

i took my phone to the sprint store today...

and i flashed back to a sprint factory rom before i went but just didnt relock the phone...now when i bring it home since my replacement for the keyboard wont be there till friday the update utility to flash a custom keeps giving me an unknown update utility error..i though they mightve relocked it so i ran the unlocker again and the same error message.

what did they doooo? ive never had a problem flashing so im not a totall n00b...i hope =)

any suggestions? ive downloaded 4 different custom roms and tried and im still getting the same error....very weird!

thanks guys!

gangmobb 04-07-2009 08:47 PM

Re: i took my phone to the sprint store today...

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayweezie21 (Post 831843)
and i flashed back to a sprint factory rom before i went but just didnt relock the phone...now when i bring it home since my replacement for the keyboard wont be there till friday the update utility to flash a custom keeps giving me an unknown update utility error..i though they mightve relocked it so i ran the unlocker again and the same error message.

what did they doooo? ive never had a problem flashing so im not a totall n00b...i hope =)

any suggestions? ive downloaded 4 different custom roms and tried and im still getting the same error....very weird!

thanks guys!

try flashing the stock rom. if they did anything it would be based on this :p

jayweezie21 04-07-2009 08:53 PM

flashed back to the stock to take it back to the store so it was already on the phone.... something is up with this update utility i dont get it

phonics2 04-07-2009 09:02 PM

does it connect to activesync? If not then you need to go to USB to PC in settings and uncheck the transfer data faster option. Its usually defaulted on.

Trident 04-07-2009 09:37 PM

The simpler option is to put it in BootLoader.
POWER +VOL DOWN +SOFT RESET and hold until the tricolor screen flashes up.
[Sorry- I had previously copied directions for the TouchPro.]

Then flash as normal.

jayweezie21 04-07-2009 10:02 PM

backspace on the keyboard?

bleeblak8 04-07-2009 11:09 PM

No i think he's talking about the backspace arrow hard key. But i might be wrong.

jayweezie21 04-07-2009 11:28 PM

grrrr i have to deal with sprint crap throughout the day till after work tomorrow...gimmie some suggestions guys/gals =) its only 3 days till i unlock a refurb prob but jesus haha...

auburnmk 04-08-2009 10:43 AM

what phone do you have? your profile indicates a Mogul and this is a Diamond forum.

wog13 04-08-2009 11:36 AM

Since he edited well after, maybe you didn't notice, but the bootloader button combo is to boot while holding power and voldown. You can accomplish this either by holding those two and hitting the soft reset button, or (easier) by shutting it off first, then just holding the two.

I haven't had a flash fail to boot entirely yet, but I've done this when activesync is being flaky.