PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2009, 09:57 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[FIXED] Calling all cooks

I have asked it twice in Mightys thread because his roms are the only ones i have ever seen this in and I have now seen it in the new 21042 kitchen. For some reason the sip doesnt automatically switch between T9 and ABC. Example, in opera it automatically switches to ABC whenever you type in the address bar and on webpages and when you go to SMS to type a text, it automatically switches back to T9. Is this the SYS or do you think it is the SIP. Thanks for your help, this is my only pet peeve.

EDIT: Just so its clear, I like the automated switching.

Ok so I have been doing some testing on this. I built a rom using 21028 SYS with the OEM folder from the 21042 kitchen, keyboard doesnt automatically switch. I built a second rom using the 21028 SYS kitchen and kept the OEM folder that came with it, keyboard automatically switches. I am stumped. I dont know what else it could be. The keyboard I am selecting is the Diamond/TouchPro Ezinput. In both the 21028 kitchen and the 21042 kitchen it is the same version number, so that rules out that it is the sip that is causing the issue. And based upon the fact that I used the same SYS on both attempts and had different results means that it is something else. Ill keep testing but if anyone has any ideas what could affect this, please let me know. Thanks.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!

Last edited by KBZL; 04-06-2009 at 02:00 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:13 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Threadstarter

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Calling all cooks

So does no one have any idea/seen what I am talking about? If you dont understand me or if you know what I am talking about, it would be great for you to chime in.

EDIT: So I have done more testing. I took the deleted the OEM folder from the 21042 SYS Kitchen and put in the OEM folder from the current 21028 kitchen and cooked the ROM. The automated switching from T9 to ABC works just fine. This goes to prove that it has to be something in the 21042 OEM folder that is causing the issue. Could Touchflo be the problem? I dont see how this could affect the SIP considering the SIP isnt generated by TF3D. I guess Ill just keep testing until I figure out what it is.

Last edited by KBZL; 04-06-2009 at 12:36 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:02 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Threadstarter

Re: [FIXED] Calling all cooks

I found out the issue. The new OEM folder that comes in the 21042 includes the same Diamond/Touch pro SIP but some new files were added, im assuming because of the new manila but not real sure. I just took the Diamond/Touch Pro OEM folder from the Old Kitchen and replaced it into the new 21042 kitchen and VOILA! Automated switching between T9 and ABC came back. Just thought I would let anyone know if they were wondering the same thing.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:08 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

not 100 percent sure what the issue is have you tried sip change?
Old 04-06-2009, 02:31 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
not 100 percent sure what the issue is have you tried sip change?
Ill try to be more specific. Like I said, I found the fix.

On stock and all other roms I have ever flashed, whenever you pull up a new text message and the cursor is flashing in the recipient spot, the sip will automatically be set to ABC (you have to hit the key particular to the letter you want) and then when you select the message field, the sip will automatically switch to T9 (unless you just dont use T9 then it just stays at ABC). This would also apply to the internet, whenever you pulled up opera, the sip would automatically switch to ABC input for the address bar and for typing in webpages. Then when you went back to lets say reply to a text message, it would automatically be back in T9 so i didnt have to hit the T9 to ABC selector. Really convenient for me because i hated starting to type thinking I was in T9 only to find out 6 letters later that I was in ABC. This 'pet peeve' only happened to me in the Newest Mighty Rom 4.8.

Now as of recently I started cooking my own roms using Calku's kitchen. His current Kitchen, 4.5, worked great with the T9 to ABC automation but when he started releasing some of his new Kitchen, 21042 kitchen, the sip quit automating like Mighty's Recent release. I found the problem which is posted in post #3.

All is well now and it appears as though I just have a severe case of OCD and didnt like that it wasnt automating but now that I have fixed it, I am happy as a lark. Thank you for finally chiming in though.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:27 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Threadstarter

Well I have now run into a problem. The compact qwerty will not type in the address bar in opera. The full qwerty will. Back to the drawing board.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development