PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 10:28 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
[REQ] Comparison of new 6.5 ROMs

I don't want to sound like too much of a n00b, but there seems to be quite a few new 6.5 and Rhodium ROMs out there.
I'm happy with my MightyROM for now, but I was considering playing around with one of the newer builds (until Mike decides his is good enough to release).
Anyone with some spare time and decent organizational skills able to post a comparison- not looking for reviews. I just want to know who includes what? [especially IE5/6, MSVC, Opera, games, taskbar/themes]. It would also be helpful to know how much free RAM is left after a flash (minus customizations).
I visualize one of those nice charts, maybe done in a spreadsheet format...

Old 04-06-2009, 10:39 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: [REQ] Comparison of new 6.5 ROMs

it's just getting started, but looks promising.
http://sp.texultant.com/Mobility/Lis.../MainView.aspx
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:01 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Threadstarter

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
Nice. I'd like to see a list of installed programs as well.
Right now that only has TP ROMS listed- maybe someone wants to do something like that for the Diamond?
Old 04-06-2009, 11:17 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

my bad, I didn't realize. oh well, maybe you could volunteer to input diamond info
Old 04-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

asapelectric is keeping up the good workasapelectric is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
I don't want to sound like too much of a n00b, but there seems to be quite a few new 6.5 and Rhodium ROMs out there.
I'm happy with my MightyROM for now, but I was considering playing around with one of the newer builds (until Mike decides his is good enough to release).
Anyone with some spare time and decent organizational skills able to post a comparison- not looking for reviews. I just want to know who includes what? [especially IE5/6, MSVC, Opera, games, taskbar/themes]. It would also be helpful to know how much free RAM is left after a flash (minus customizations).
I visualize one of those nice charts, maybe done in a spreadsheet format...
I prefer Fufu 4.2, pretty flawless, I gotta say. Evertec has a pretty a flawless rom too, not much memory left, but considering he has the best of both worlds AND its stable (Talking about Rhodium and 6.5 mixed), I highly recommend his. It can be changed for more memory, because its a loaded rom. Indagroove is great. Fufu leaves you with a ton of memory, I dont know how he does it.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

bparvin is becoming a great contributor

I've only tried GrooveRom for 6.5 builds, but I have been very happy with it. The very fews bugs with 6.5 are tiny and don't affect phone usage that much.

I use the rom daily with no problems and the speed is good but still not as fast as the current 6.1 builds.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

skilledone is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
Who maintains that website? I'm a part-time sharepoint administrator as part of my work. I would be able to assist in setting something up with content webparts....w/e features...etc etc
Old 04-06-2009, 10:41 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

Sudermatt set it up. there's a link on the site to request a user acct, or thread here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63504
I'm sure he'll welcome the help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development