PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2009, 10:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

roteplex is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone becomes irresponsive at times. And Disk Drive doesent work.

Need some help on my sprint diamond. At times the device becomes entirely unresponsive, and then resumes seconds later. This happens often and when I have no programs running (65% free RAM). It is very annoying but I dont think that I experienced this when running the stock rom.

Another issue is that the Disk Drive mode no longer works on my phone, both Vista and XP are not recognizing the 4GB on my phone, but U can still access it using active sync. This is post-internal storage dissapearing issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated; I have tried to a hard rest, and flash different ROMs but with no avail. I am currently using RSTGs ROM. Which is very nice.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Evo

gammarho55 is keeping up the good workgammarho55 is keeping up the good work
Re: Phone becomes irresponsive at times. And Disk Drive doesent work.

my first question for you would be what have yo installed after you flashed the custom rom? i flashed grooverom4 and when i installed a version of quick menu, i got the same kind of lag. so in all possibility, it could be something like that. the best thing to do is to try to pinpoint the exact time it started to happen, and start removing programs that may have caused it. just my 2 cents.

If someone helped you with a problem, hit the thanks button and let them know you appreciate their time.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

roteplex is a n00b

Actually never has a start time, it just hasnt been fixed, def not another program cause it happens even when I had installed no programs. I am starting to think that flashing back to the original stock/shipped rom and then flashing back to the ROM of my choise may fix it. Can this be it??
Old 03-21-2009, 01:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Evo

gammarho55 is keeping up the good workgammarho55 is keeping up the good work

which rom are you running? the best thing you can do is go to that individual roms page and let them know whats going on. it may be a bug in the rom.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:56 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

roteplex is a n00b

I have tried to flash different ROMs, Mighty, Groove and RSTG. After switching to RSTGs ROM the lagg issue occurs much less frequently but is still a problem.

The missing disk drive feature is a much bigger problem. This phones flash, 2MB per second is easily overhauled by my 16GB MSD at 10MB/s, which I cant use on my phone............ but to use activesync to transfer gigs of files to my phone then out, is impossible.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:29 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

This is a feature I don't use, I usually transfer smaller files one at a time with activesync. When I get home I'll look into the issue, sounds like it's an issue across many of the roms. In that case I blame M$ and recommend carrying an old fashioned thumb drive. But I'll still look into this later for everyone...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development