PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 01:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Telus

jrimmer is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exchange Problems

Hi Everyone,

I am getting chronic email exchange problems. I have considered that it might be the server itself, but the other users are not experiencing the same issues I am and they are using stock ROM.

So my problem is that after a while i keep getting Sync failed error..

specifically 0x80004005 - to fix it i have to reinstall the rom... but it eventually dies..

I first experienced it on Mighty Rom 4.6...but I am getting with at least 1 other ROM.. so my error doesn't seem to be ROM specific. I have done a few hard resets to no avail.

I would really appreciate some options/suggestions.

my company uses Small Business Server 2003 std edition.

Many thanks
Old 03-18-2009, 02:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc hero
Carrier: sprint

jpeepers is becoming a great contributor
Re: Exchange Problems

Are by chance running the zenyee stayunlock program?

I also was having issues with the last Might ROM and exchange

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:55 PM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)
Carrier: Sprint

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

I have had issues in the past with differnet ROMs and exchange.

I know personally, the latest Calcu ROM 4.5, the Exchange is running without an issue.
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 03-18-2009, 03:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeepers View Post
Are by chance running the zenyee stayunlock program?

I also was having issues with the last Might ROM and exchange

I have no idea what zanyee stayunlock is, so I don't think that it.

I do sync with vista tho... and I have been setting up the exchange account using the WMDC client... I have tried most recently adding the exchange account directly on the device and its seem to have worked...

For some reason im starting to think that there is some correlation between the diamond 2 stuff that i was loading and my sync problems.

what were the symptoms? sync errors? pls report the error code

Thanks for the responses tho
Old 03-18-2009, 05:19 PM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

If your using the diamond 2 stuff, I believe, depending on which diamond 2 stuff your using, it does have some activesync issues.
That's one of the main reasons that I did not adopt WM 6.5 when it first was leaked.

I would suggest, more for troubleshooting, try heading back to a purely 6.1 (or orginal diamond) flash, and see if that fixes your issue.

I know I read somewhere, and I can search it up if you need, that some of the diamond 2 stuff did not play well.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

carterisgod is keeping up the good workcarterisgod is keeping up the good work

The Diamond2 keyboard most definitely knocks out Exchange. As far as I know, only Conflipper's version plays fair with Exchange, though the keyboard itself is slightly buggy.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

So just a quick update to interested parties. I installed the Groove ROM Rhodium version and have not experienced the fault at all. Thanks to the two posts above. It was driving me mental. But being a logical person i could bring myself to fully believe that a new keyboard could cause ActiveSync problems. So infuriating.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:34 AM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!

Well, looking back.....they original keyboard verisons did knock out my PUSH syncing. I have Conflippers verisons installed via the Calcu kitchen, and my PUSH has been working since.

That was the exact program.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development