PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2009, 11:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

EvanWasHere is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HELP!! My screen has stopped responding to touches!!

I am leaving to go on vacation to St. Lucia in 9 hours... I have no time to go to a sprint store so I am besides myself.

I am running the latest mightyrom on my diamond. I was on the phone with somone and when I hung up, the screen stopped responding. The hard buttons worked, but no touching on the screen worked. So i soft reset and now I can touch in the left hand corner the "phone" menu, but that's it. If I click on the lower right hand side of the screen it clicks the left hand phone menu. If i touch anywhere else, nothing happens. The hard buttons and on/off button on the top are the only other thing working.

I know I can do a hard reset to see if this fixes it, but then i lose all my text messages, plus all the stuff i have on the phone that I need for this trip.

I took out the battery, left the phone off for 5 min, and soft reset 3 times. Any ideas???
Old 03-15-2009, 11:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Pro
Carrier: Telus

gmarcoux is keeping up the good workgmarcoux is keeping up the good work
Re: HELP!! My screen has stopped responding to touches!!

If you are able to find yourself a copy or purchase sprite backup... you can run it from your pc to backup your phone data, then hard reset and if all is good restore your data to your phone once again using sprite backup
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

nkawal is becoming a great contributor

use pimbackup for your call logs and messages, use file explorer and transfer your documents and whatever files you have saved on your phone to the internal storage, then hard reset or reflash, you shoud be fine.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad

might wanna see if my mobiler works as well. allows you to control your phone from your comp.

i would suggest a screen calibration, if you can get there. settings->system->screen->align screen.

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 03-15-2009, 11:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Pro
Carrier: Telus

gmarcoux is keeping up the good workgmarcoux is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkawal View Post
use pimbackup for your call logs and messages, use file explorer and transfer your documents and whatever files you have saved on your phone to the internal storage, then hard reset or reflash, you shoud be fine.

I don't know that he can use pimbackup if only the top left of his screen is responding to touch although the file transfer suggestion may end up being the easiest for the rest of his stuff
Old 03-15-2009, 11:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Threadstarter

EvanWasHere is just getting started

I used mymobiler and got to the control panel. I went to screen calibration. The first one worked (where the plus is in the middle), but then I couldn't get any farther.

But at least now, with MyMobiler, I can backup the phone. I will let the phone sit overnight. If it doesn;t work by then, I guess i will be hard resetting and fixing my phone durring my flight.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:12 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Exact same thing happened to me a couple months ago! It was a major pain in the a$$ because it happened to me as I got off an airplane on my vacation. I was able to use the phone to make calls and not a whole lot else while on vacation and the whole thing magically fixed itself in about 5-6 days. I went to a sprint store while on vacation and they could order me a new phone but it was going to take a while etc so I figured I'd wait till I got home to do something about it but like I said, it fixed itself in a few days (before i got home) and has never happened since.

Sorry I don't have much more to offer except that the lad at the sprint store said that the phone might have gotten magnetized when I got off the plane. Good thing that wasn't her day job, oh wait..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development