PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

geeserver is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Fading >>>> Freezing Rom Upgrades

I'm having a issue when I flashed with Calc 4.5 Beta rom. The software on the device just freezes. On the Programs screen all the icons just disappear with default wm unidentified icons. Once I notice this starts happening, I do a soft reset and the rom freezes on the boot screen until I do another flash or hard reset. This is also happening with Groove rom also.

Have anyone ever had this problem?
Old 03-04-2009, 06:29 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: Fading >>>> Freezing Rom Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeserver View Post
I'm having a issue when I flashed with Calc 4.5 Beta rom. The software on the device just freezes. On the Programs screen all the icons just disappear with default wm unidentified icons. Once I notice this starts happening, I do a soft reset and the rom freezes on the boot screen until I do another flash or hard reset. This is also happening with Groove rom also.

depending on how many different custom roms you have flashed, it might make sense to flash back to the original shipped rom. this usually fixes 99% of issue that arise from a bad flash. so flash oem shipped rom(your carrier shipped rom), flash custom rom of your choice, hard reset one more time. The oem shipped roms on on the first page in the stickies. here is the thread: good luck.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ALL WINDOWS MOBILE 6.1+5+beta21319?
Carrier: SPRINT CUSTOM ROM BOYIE

BlackOceaN is just getting started
Red face Re: Fading >>>> Freezing Rom Upgrades

Yes this is a problem for some people most are very quiet about it fear of being? but like everyone go to stock a few time relock it and then unlock again a good format never hurt anyone............

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeserver View Post

Old 03-05-2009, 09:54 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Might want to exclude any custom icons. Helped out a guy earlier that had made one and said it wouldn't boot. Sure thing installed on my phone and it caused it to hang at the welcomehead boot screen. I assume cause the file was either corrupt or not signed, windows couldn't load it, freaked and froze. My rom doesn't freeze btw...

edit rileyd5: and hard resetting after a flash is so antiquated. After the mogul this taint necessary no more, and so 20th century....

Last edited by rstoyguy; 03-05-2009 at 09:57 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Might want to exclude any custom icons. Helped out a guy earlier that had made one and said it wouldn't boot. Sure thing installed on my phone and it caused it to hang at the welcomehead boot screen. I assume cause the file was either corrupt or not signed, windows couldn't load it, freaked and froze. My rom doesn't freeze btw...

edit rileyd5: and hard resetting after a flash is so antiquated. After the mogul this taint necessary no more, and so 20th century....
thanks for the advice Rstoyguy. I was always told to hard reset one more time but this sounds better, albeit 21st century and less redundant.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:39 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
thanks for the advice Rstoyguy. I was always told to hard reset one more time but this sounds better, albeit 21st century and less redundant.
It's good to do if you have an extended rom and you want to ensure the information get's copied to the phone... Newer members paying omage to those that paved the way in the 6600/6700/6800 days, and a special thanks goes out to those members. I have flashed 3-5 times daily since around Feb of '08 and never needed too or did. Now a soft reset is recommended, this will set any system registry changes done post flash with UC, sashimi, or tierautoinstall. Just like you need to when using phmregistry editor. But program registryedits don't require a reset...

I know... TMI... Too Much Information... While debated, that's my theory...and I'm sticking to it.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

taking a break cooking is awful waiting for new menu lol btw love your rom tg mike bite me loll

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
It's good to do if you have an extended rom and you want to ensure the information get's copied to the phone... Newer members paying omage to those that paved the way in the 6600/6700/6800 days, and a special thanks goes out to those members. I have flashed 3-5 times daily since around Feb of '08 and never needed too or did. Now a soft reset is recommended, this will set any system registry changes done post flash with UC, sashimi, or tierautoinstall. Just like you need to when using phmregistry editor. But program registryedits don't require a reset...

I know... TMI... Too Much Information... While debated, that's my theory...and I'm sticking to it.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: cricket

bunvilla is keeping up the good workbunvilla is keeping up the good work
Talking Re: Fading >>>> Freezing Rom Upgrades

I flashed a rom and now it has come to a point where a softreset/ hard reset/ pulled out the battery / putting it into bootloadermode does no good im stuck at the very begging screen (the one that says "TOUCH diamond" with red info in the bottom right corner/ the very first thing u see when phone boots up/

im at a loss here / any ideas appreciated
Old 03-08-2009, 06:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: cricket

bunvilla is keeping up the good workbunvilla is keeping up the good work
Talking Re: Fading >>>> Freezing Rom Upgrades

ok im good/ i reinstalled active sync and the computer was able to recognize my phone now and loaded a different rom/
Old 03-08-2009, 11:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Hellooooooo the food is tained try new menu or go mexican lollllll

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development