PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2009, 01:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: null
Carrier: null

wildrage is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to wildrage Send a message via AIM to wildrage
People / Contacts Question

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I've searched for this, but haven't been able to find it.

I'm fairly happy with TF3D, with the exception of the People tab. I find it ridiculously hard to navigate through it to make a phone call...all that flicking gets annoying. I would much rather something like SPB Mobile Shell's contacts tab, where there is a tiled 'speed dial' if you will. Is there any way to modify TF3D to do this?

Thanks

Old 02-17-2009, 05:20 PM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)
Carrier: Sprint

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant
Re: People / Contacts Question

As fasr as getting TF3D to look like this?

Not gonna happen.

Not gonna be modified eithier, as I don't think we can modify the look of each TF3D wall.

HTC has designed thier people tab they way they like it.
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3Dâ„¢

Unknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
As fasr as getting TF3D to look like this?

Not gonna happen.

Not gonna be modified eithier, as I don't think we can modify the look of each TF3D wall.

HTC has designed thier people tab they way they like it.
I doubt that... They just haven't found a way to decode the appropriate files in an easily editable way yet. If you think back to when TF3D was first out, we were extremely limited as far as how much customization was possible. Now look at the scene, there are some major mods out there now. My point is, I wouldn't say it's not going to happen, I would just say it's not going to happen right away. Once the code is broken on all manila files, it will become a lot easier to manipulate the code and modify screens.

Phone: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
ROM: Synergy Nightly with Own Mods
"If you have the stereo on, why would you turn up the volume on the TV?" 'Cause I like to party
Old 02-18-2009, 11:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: null
Carrier: null
Threadstarter

wildrage is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to wildrage Send a message via AIM to wildrage

I think the people tab is the weakest link in TF3D. Sure, it looks cool, but it just isn't practical when you're trying to make a phone call...especially if you're on a subway or walking down the street. Looks like I'll stick with Winterface for now.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildrage View Post
I think the people tab is the weakest link in TF3D. Sure, it looks cool, but it just isn't practical when you're trying to make a phone call...especially if you're on a subway or walking down the street. Looks like I'll stick with Winterface for now.
I remove my people tab and just use iContact. However, the new people tab features in TF3D 2 are looking very nice and I will probably use the tab again when TF3D 2 manilla becomes available to us.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development