PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02
Altel is Now VZW So how about a Rom for the Sprint Diamond based off next Alltel/VZW

Ok Altel is now Verizon. Altel has the same diamond as Sprint. So at some point VZW should issue a rom update for the Altel Diamond with a Verizon Rom. So can we then use that new rom when it comes out on our Sprint Diamonds that are on VZW? I did get a custom Altel rom to work but with out internet. I am now using Grooverom v9 i think. So lets get this working with internet. I cant get picture mail or internet working no matter what rom i try. i even changed the internet setting per the touch pro guide. any ideas? my plan does not include data, put does include picture mail.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Altel is Now VZW So how about a Rom for the Sprint Diamond based off next Alltel/

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb02 View Post
Ok Altel is now Verizon. Altel has the same diamond as Sprint. So at some point VZW should issue a rom update for the Altel Diamond with a Verizon Rom. So can we then use that new rom when it comes out on our Sprint Diamonds that are on VZW? I did get a custom Altel rom to work but with out internet. I am now using Grooverom v9 i think. So lets get this working with internet. I cant get picture mail or internet working no matter what rom i try. i even changed the internet setting per the touch pro guide. any ideas? my plan does not include data, put does include picture mail.
Most of the roms you see around here are bits and pieces of various stock rom updates, etc...

As for your internet problems... if your plan doesn't include data... umm...
Old 02-06-2009, 03:30 PM
THE HENCHMAN
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond & Verizon Blackberry Storm!
Carrier: Sprint w/ SERO!

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to stevedog1
Re: Altel is Now VZW So how about a Rom for the Sprint Diamond based off next Alltel/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
As for your internet problems... if your plan doesn't include data... umm...
You'll still receive data even if you don't have a data plan, but you will pay per kb used (very expensive). The only way to not receive data is if you specifically ask to have data blocked.

To the OP: You need to go into EPST and change you MIP settings. This is why your pic mail does not work, it needs to access data in order to send or recieve. Simply changing the rom wont work.

Follow steps 10-15 of the Sprint Touch Pro to Verizon thread, and make sure that data is not blocked on your account.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...t=verizon+data

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: THE BIG RED

skruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i talk to someone at verizon and they said that they are not set up for people to bring altel phone in to verizon over. maybe sometime in the future.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:19 PM
THE HENCHMAN

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by skruff77 View Post
i talk to someone at verizon and they said that they are not set up for people to bring altel phone in to verizon over. maybe sometime in the future.
The OP was not asking about bringing the phone over, just flashing the Altel/Verizon diamond rom when it comes out.

but, you can use any CDMA phone on Verizon as long as the SPC/MSL is 000000.....then just call *228 (or *22801...*22802...*22803...ect), and once you get the Verizon programming recording, select option 3 to program your phone.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02

thanks i did try the things over at http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...t=verizon+data and my internet is not working and my picture mail is not working. I cant get the shared keys and all. i even download the 10key from ppcgeeks and the eri no luck. if i install them via qpst and clear storage then I have to reprogam the entire phone,, number, data, and all. if i delete the 10key and eri and clear storage the information is kept.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:57 AM
THE HENCHMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb02 View Post
thanks i did try the things over at http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...t=verizon+data and my internet is not working and my picture mail is not working. I cant get the shared keys and all. i even download the 10key from ppcgeeks and the eri no luck. if i install them via qpst and clear storage then I have to reprogam the entire phone,, number, data, and all. if i delete the 10key and eri and clear storage the information is kept.
I would suggest posting your results in the thread I mentioned to see if anyone there has had a similar experience and possibly offer you a solution.

Good Luck!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedog1 View Post
I would suggest posting your results in the thread I mentioned to see if anyone there has had a similar experience and possibly offer you a solution.

Good Luck!
i have several times with no luck. i just want my picture mail and internet if need be, but picture mail is more dear to me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development