PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 01:41 AM
Henri Blanche

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Unhappy Test Only Not For Sale

Greetings All!

Apparently during my flashing of ROM's I've added the message "Test Only Not For Sale" in a fancy red scripted font while booting up my Diamond. They show up at the same time as the words "HTC Diamond" appear on the screen.

I Googled around and have tried a couple of odds and ends but I haven't found much of anything that is Diamond-specific. A couple of the suggestions have scared me.

What's my easiest and/or best solution to remove this message? Just flashing new ROM's doesn't help.

Cheers, Henri
Old 02-03-2009, 01:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Test Only Not For Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri Blanche View Post
Greetings All!

Apparently during my flashing of ROM's I've added the message "Test Only Not For Sale" in a fancy red scripted font while booting up my Diamond. They show up at the same time as the words "HTC Diamond" appear on the screen.

I Googled around and have tried a couple of odds and ends but I haven't found much of anything that is Diamond-specific. A couple of the suggestions have scared me.

What's my easiest and/or best solution to remove this message? Just flashing new ROM's doesn't help.

Cheers, Henri
hey henri, you must change your "boot screen" or "splash", try searching for those terms and do a little bit of reading, and you'll b absoloutely fine and will have the knowledge on how to get it out. Let me know how it works out. Goodluck

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:45 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

1. Visit this thread...
*Leaked* Sprint Diamond ROM v2.00.651.1 CE OS 5.2.20764

2. Download the link in the first post after...
Here is the original stock Bootsplash's to flash to get rid of "test"...

3. Extract and flash the small nbh file.

4. Pound old_man_jenkins Thanks button to show you appreciate his work!!!

Last edited by rstoyguy; 02-03-2009 at 01:48 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:58 AM
THE HENCHMAN
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond & Verizon Blackberry Storm!
Carrier: Sprint w/ SERO!

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to stevedog1

Flashing the new boot image will hard reset your phone as well. So backup your info.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:20 AM
Henri Blanche

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Thanks everyone!

This was not the first time that my failure to search for an answer was due to my lack of knowing what words or terms to look for.

That said, I only found the actual words (see title) in only one unhelpful thread in all of PPCGeeks. Even the OMJ post only refers to the issue as "test". I did find a lot more at our friends over at xda-developers but they were usually talking about phones other than the Diamond.

Fortunately I was paranoid and backed up everything hours ago because I didn't read the post warning me about the hard reset until after-the-fact.

Everything seems cool now.

Cheers, Henri
Old 02-03-2009, 02:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

ratman24 is keeping up the good workratman24 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri Blanche View Post
Greetings All!

Cheers, Henri
flash to the original stock rom and it will be removed
Old 02-03-2009, 09:06 AM
I did it all for Ta-nuki
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, Nook Color, Xoom Wifi
Carrier: Sprint

watzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwatzone69 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

There are at least 2 more boot screen options that I know of, other than flashing to stock.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062

Scroll down until you see "Upgrade your splash:"

There's a really cool boot screen made by CMONEX and also a very nice minimalistic one by Tobeychris.

Personally, I kind of like the "test" screen!

Last edited by watzone69; 02-03-2009 at 09:08 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:07 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratman24 View Post
flash to the original stock rom and it will be removed
But then you will lose the new radio...
Old 02-03-2009, 10:38 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
But then you will lose the new radio...
But the new radio can be flashed at any time- no Hard reset required.

Or maybe you were just kidding???

Old 02-03-2009, 03:31 PM
THE HENCHMAN
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond & Verizon Blackberry Storm!
Carrier: Sprint w/ SERO!

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to stevedog1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
But the new radio can be flashed at any time- no Hard reset required.

Or maybe you were just kidding???
True. But no point in flashing the radio again if you don't have to. Just flash to the new boot screen, and your done!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development