PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 05:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH DIAMOND
Carrier: Sprint

hasseye is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cooking roms with another rom

Hey guys cooked my own rom before, enjoyed it, but i just installed the leaked sprint 2.0 rom and enjoy that greatly. As well as the TF3D from the HD. Kinda wanted to put those all into one with a couple others programs. Anyway i can do this with my kitchen? How does the advanced users do it? Already seen some 2.0 rom's with custom modifications it it.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:02 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Cooking roms with another rom

Coffee... lol! Just break it down with the kitchen of your choice, and get to choppin!

Old 02-02-2009, 06:08 PM
SuperNoob

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Ok, really, you can check out my tutorials, the one for Adding/Removing Programs. I wrote that tutorial for modifying stock roms. I'm currently using Calu's kitchen as the one in the tutorial has a size limitation when building the rom.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:26 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

The simple answer is to decompile the leaked rom with prepit, take the pieces that you want and put them in yer kitchen, build, flash, and enjoy.

Now for more specifics, read rstoyguys tutorials, and then ask questions when you've done that.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch + Touch Pro + Touch Diamond

rgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to rgildoss Send a message via MSN to rgildoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasseye View Post
Hey guys cooked my own rom before, enjoyed it, but i just installed the leaked sprint 2.0 rom and enjoy that greatly. As well as the TF3D from the HD. Kinda wanted to put those all into one with a couple others programs. Anyway i can do this with my kitchen? How does the advanced users do it? Already seen some 2.0 rom's with custom modifications it it.

i got that running now ..works great ...

i love that HD manila ...
what one are you using ? there are severalk variants out ...just wondering
Old 02-02-2009, 08:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

RSTOYGUY...wheres the links to your tuturial. Don't even have a clue on what to search for.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:50 PM
SuperNoob

In my signature, follow the orange link to my tutorial collection, find this and click on it.

How to Customize a Custom Rom: Adding/Removing Programs
Does your favorite Chef include files/programs that you don't use? This will show you how to delete those programs you don't use and insert the ones that you do use! (This method doesn't always work with a PPCKitchen.org custom rom).
Old 02-02-2009, 09:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch + Touch Pro + Touch Diamond

rgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to rgildoss Send a message via MSN to rgildoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
In my signature, follow the orange link to my tutorial collection, find this and click on it.

How to Customize a Custom Rom: Adding/Removing Programs
Does your favorite Chef include files/programs that you don't use? This will show you how to delete those programs you don't use and insert the ones that you do use! (This method doesn't always work with a PPCKitchen.org custom rom).

does this work on the leaked sprint ROMs or just the custom roms?
Old 02-02-2009, 09:48 PM
SuperNoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgildoss View Post
does this work on the leaked sprint ROMs or just the custom roms?
It works best on carrier releases...as most chef's (not all) use various sorts of rom protection so you cannot decompile their roms. I've always used those methods to dress up the stock roms.

Last edited by rstoyguy; 02-02-2009 at 10:06 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

hope this isn't a stupid question but is there a link to the files mentioned in your tutorial?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development