PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2009, 09:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & BB Tour
Carrier: Sprint, Is there anybody else?

wtr1906 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Big Problem W/ Diamond

My friend put a ROM on my phone and it was working fine. I re-downloaded Windows Live and now my phone just sits on the home screen and says "Tap here to Launch TouchFLO" . So I just wanted to do a hard reset but when I try to hard reset phone this is the error I get;

Power + Vol Down + Reset using stylus tip
Bootloader says :

Security Unlocked
DIAM500
SPL-0.57.0000
MicroP-Diam (LED) vB
PSOC-Diam STAGE_EVT v20

Im not sure how to fix the problem and my phone will not come back into service. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-01-2009, 09:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Re: Big Problem W/ Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtr1906 View Post
My friend put a ROM on my phone and it was working fine. I re-downloaded Windows Live and now my phone just sits on the home screen and says "Tap here to Launch TouchFLO" . So I just wanted to do a hard reset but when I try to hard reset phone this is the error I get;

Bootloader says :

Security Unlocked
DIAM500
SPL-0.57.0000
MicroP-Diam (LED) vB
PSOC-Diam STAGE_EVT v20

Im not sure how to fix the problem and my phone will not come back into service. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Actually you are good to go....now that you're in bootloader. All you have to do is flash the rom. Do you know how to do that? If not, then you need to read the sticky at the top of this forum. Basically, you need to be attached to your PC via activesync, then find the rom file on your computer. Just double click on the rom update utility file (ruu). Just follow the directions on your device from there....
Old 02-01-2009, 10:21 PM
THE HENCHMAN
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond & Verizon Blackberry Storm!
Carrier: Sprint w/ SERO!

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to stevedog1

Quote:

:
CORRECTION: That is not how you do a hard reset. All you did was put it into bootloader mode.

To perform a hard reset

1. With the device turned off, while pressing and holding the VOLUME DOWN and
ENTER buttons, then press and hold the power button.

2. Release the VOLUME DOWN and ENTER buttons, then press the
VOLUME UP button to perform the hard reset, or press any other
button to cancel the reset.

Last edited by stevedog1; 02-01-2009 at 10:28 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

scarsofthumper is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to scarsofthumper Send a message via Yahoo to scarsofthumper

If you want to do a hard reset it's Power + Vol Down + Enter button (middle circle)

"Obviously, no one wants to fail. But who's to say that failure's not a good thing masked in the wisdom that you can't see at that point? I just try to look at the positive." - Khalil Greene

aim - mary kate on lsd

Sprint Touch Diamond - Telus V1.04.05V Radio D - MightyROM 4.6
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:24 PM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Jmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Jmz

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarsofthumper View Post
If you want to do a hard reset it's Power + Vol Down + Enter button (middle circle)
To clarify that, with the phone completely powered off, hold down the enter button, vol down, and then press power and hold all three.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:40 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

I'll make sure I hit the "Thanks button for everybody but I appreciate all the help. I tried doing the hard reset again and this time it flashes straight to the "Security Unlocked screen. Im not sure what Im doing wrong but I can't get this damn phone to hard reset.

Last edited by wtr1906; 02-02-2009 at 12:42 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:45 AM
THE HENCHMAN

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP

Quote:
I'll make sure I hit the "Thanks button for everybody but I appreciate all the help. I tried doing the hard reset again and this time it flashes straight to the "Security Unlocked screen. Im not sure what Im doing wrong but I can't get this damn phone to hard reset.

Can you please explain exactly the steps you are using, and how your implementing them? Are you still using the soft reset button, power, volume down technique?
Old 02-02-2009, 12:54 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Nope, the phone is off, I took my left thumb and held down center enter key. Left index finger on the down vol. and right index finger and press on power, and the phone goes to the light grey screen and flashes some words too fast for me to read (but its the hard reset screen) and then I get the "Security unlocked" with the colors screen. I can't figure it out... my phone shows no bars and comm manager says my radio is off but I can send receive text but no phone calls
Old 02-02-2009, 12:59 AM
THE HENCHMAN

Quote:
Nope, the phone is off, I took my left thumb and held down center enter key. Left index finger on the down vol. and right index finger and press on power, and the phone goes to the light grey screen and flashes some words too fast for me to read (but its the hard reset screen) and then I get the "Security unlocked" with the colors screen. I can't figure it out... my phone shows no bars and comm manager says my radio is off but I can send receive text but no phone calls
Try it again, as soon as you see the phone turning on, release all buttons.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff

if you have your DIAMIMG.nbh file saved to the root of your internal storage and are trying to flash this way, you need to press the BACK key instead of the ENTER key, along with the others.

so, it would be vol down, BACK arrow key, power key, and reset button- all at once.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development