PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2009, 07:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond
Carrier: Verizon

FH-CS is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Diamond -> Verizon Problem

Hi all. First post here. : )

I'm not one for signing on to forums just for help. I try to search for everything first. Asking for help on forums is one of my last resorts.

I've been following a mix of the guides and posts of these threads:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44508
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44663
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=554729
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41031

As the title implies, I'm trying to convert the Sprint Touch Diamond over to the Verzion network. We had a roaming add-on with our old Sprint plan, but they've contacted us (I'm on a family plan) and informed us we've been using way too many roaming minutes. They've offered to let us go (no fee) and recommended Verizon as we've been roaming onto their network the most (apprently). Of the four phones we have, two are currently switched over, one is being shipped, and the fourth (my phone) is the only one causing problems.

Now, from the posts I've been reading (linked above, as well as other ones) I've gathered that Verizon has been allowing ESNs from other carriers, but the guy at the Verizon store said he's having troubles entering the ESN. Is this because it's a new account? Any suggestions on what I should do?

Any help is appreciated. : )
(sorry for the long-winded post)

Edit:
I've discovered I had an old verizon phone laying around (it was given to me a while back). Would it be possible to fix my problem by activating my number with the old phone, and then switching to the Diamond at a later time?

Last edited by FH-CS; 01-26-2009 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Adding info
Old 01-26-2009, 09:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02
Re: Sprint Diamond -> Verizon Problem

you will need your msl code (you can use some program to get it or call sprint)
use qpst to change your msl code to 000000
then turn phone off and back on
install this prl that is modified (unzip it to your phones internal memory)
to install prl do ##PRL# on your phone then browse to the internal storage and select the 5114m file and procede from the prompts....
when it asks for msl code input 000000

restart phone
call *228 option 3
follow prompts on the call restart phone
after restart reinstall modified prl again to get rid of the roaming triangle.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 51143m.zip (3.0 KB, 14 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-27-2009, 07:38 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

FH-CS is a n00b

Thanks for that. The normal prl that I found leaves me with no service (and thus unable to call *228 ) but that modified one works. : )

Now, do I call *228 before or after setting up the verizon account? My phone is still technically on sprint (they said the service won't cut off until February) so my number is not yet active on Verizon's side. Will I be able to start the account with this phone?
Old 01-27-2009, 10:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint diamond
Carrier: verizon

wavez is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FH-CS View Post
Thanks for that. The normal prl that I found leaves me with no service (and thus unable to call *228 ) but that modified one works. : )

Now, do I call *228 before or after setting up the verizon account? My phone is still technically on sprint (they said the service won't cut off until February) so my number is not yet active on Verizon's side. Will I be able to start the account with this phone?
You will need a verizon account to activate your phone on. Verizon will not assist you in getting the ESN loaded into their database or getting your sprint phone activated. When you call *228/option 3 it will ask you for your verizon phone number, some information to validate your account, and will then program your phone.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:34 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

FH-CS is a n00b

Okay, I'll be able to get the account activated tomorrow, and from there I'll see about switching my Diamond over. You guys have been quite helpful, thanks. : )

I do have another question though. Will I need to change anything to get Data and picture mail working?
Old 01-30-2009, 01:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Apache, HTC Touch (6900), HTC Touch Diamond

DeX99SS is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to DeX99SS

Reference this post, it is my own... Read through it all, only 2 pages... Pay attention to the final comment, it is mine and exlains simply why verizon cant accomodate this. I will say this, I have had my diamond on sprint for a good while now and really cant complain. Their coverage is fairly good compared to what it was long ago, and data is fast. I also talked them into no contract on the everything plan! This way when vzw gets this phone, and since they have paired with alltel it may soon happen... then I can take it to them. Here you are though, the link... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42120
Old 01-31-2009, 12:38 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

FH-CS is a n00b

Well, I have to hand it to you guys, it worked! : )

I really appreciate the help. Thank you!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development