PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2009, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

MrAndyGets is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to MrAndyGets Send a message via MSN to MrAndyGets
I need help with NAM A+B

Can some one please explain to me how they work and what if any benefits they may have..... Sorry if this has been talked about before.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:10 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community
Re: I need help with NAM A+B

Two phone numbers on one phone, only one can be active at a time
Old 01-26-2009, 08:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I mightys latest rom and i see those settings under network. Which setting is what i need to use?
Old 01-27-2009, 12:27 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

These would have no use for sprint. Back in the day before all the roaming agreements, I would sell a customer a number in say wichita, and a number in Chicago two different cities they frequented. By paying for two different services they would actually save money instead of paying the roaming charges. Today I'm not sure that this of any use, maybee to have a US number and simm card in NAM1, and another number and SIMM for europe?

Edit: This was back in the analog and TDMA days...

Last edited by rstoyguy; 01-27-2009 at 12:36 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:43 AM
Kitchen Builder

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Canada / USA or Business Hours / Home Hours are what I can think of.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

leanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have my canadian line on NAM1 and my US line on NAM2. When I drive across the border, i call forward my US line to NAM2 and I can talk for 5-10 cents per minute instead of 1.50
Old 01-29-2009, 06:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

So basicly if I have one USA number. I have no use for these settings? I shouldnt use them....
Old 01-29-2009, 12:13 PM
Kitchen Builder

Correct.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Monster is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanne View Post
I have my canadian line on NAM1 and my US line on NAM2. When I drive across the border, i call forward my US line to NAM2 and I can talk for 5-10 cents per minute instead of 1.50
Do you have instuctions on how to do this? I'm with Telus, thanks.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

leanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on rep

First thing is you need to find a us pay as you go provider that allows foreign esn's on their system. I am using Page Plus Cellular. You need to contact them and have them add your ESN and assign you a phone number. Then read the following post for more detailed instructions. It was trial and error for me, but finally got it working perfectly.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=28393

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development