PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 09:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Telus

samueldr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Making a french ROM

Hi,

Being new to the modding scene of ppc phones, I may be wrong with some assumptions I made, if so, tell me what's wrong and I will be more than happy to know the right things.

In one line, I'm trying to make a french language rom from the Telus one (shipped).

What I'm trying to do, is to be able to use a kitchen with the french system. The goal is to be able to use the same kitchen for making an english and french ROM, while changing the least amount of things. (What would happen, is that I would have the french files in a folder, the english one in another, I would make a script that switches the folder then builds automatically the two roms) I know that that part is possible if I get the french files.

This is where I have a problem. I cannot dump the imgfs from the shipped telus rom (found in the how to unlocking, relocking and flashing guide). I have the RUU_Signed.nbh file. I have extracted the .nb files and have the OS file. The problem here is that I am unable to get nbsplit to give me a correct payload, at least I think, the ImgFsFromNb tool gives me an erroneous imgfs.bin (0 Bytes).

So I need one of those things answered: Would I be, after dumping the files, able to find or make the french SYS files? If yes, do you know what I am doing wrong?

Anyway thanks. this seems like a good community here!
Old 01-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Making a french ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samueldr View Post
This is where I have a problem. I cannot dump the imgfs from the shipped telus rom (found in the how to unlocking, relocking and flashing guide). I have the RUU_Signed.nbh file. I have extracted the .nb files and have the OS file. The problem here is that I am unable to get nbsplit to give me a correct payload, at least I think, the ImgFsFromNb tool gives me an erroneous imgfs.bin (0 Bytes).

So I need one of those things answered: Would I be, after dumping the files, able to find or make the french SYS files? If yes, do you know what I am doing wrong?

Anyway thanks. this seems like a good community here!
Yes, you'll be able to. You probably haven't specified correct parameters during the extraction.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:35 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

samueldr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
Yes, you'll be able to. You probably haven't specified correct parameters during the extraction.
Thanks for the fast answer.

I thought that it could have been it, but I tried many parameters during the extraction (we're talking about nbsplit, right?). The ones I have seen are using -kaiser to extract the payload and at one place I have seen "-data 2048 -extra 8", but from what I remember doing, neither worked.

Is there a preferred parameter for (cdma) diamond roms, and if there is, which one is it?
Old 01-12-2009, 10:36 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Here are the commands you should be looking for:

Code:
..\Tools\NBSplit.exe -kaiser OS.nb > nbsplit.log
..\Tools\ImgfsFromNB.exe OS.nb.payload imgfs.bin > imgfsfromnb.log
..\Tools\ImgfstoDump.exe imgfs.bin > imgfsdump.log
Also, here are all of the Lang files I saw, may or may not be all you need:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W9EPCDKL
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

samueldr is a n00b

Thanks tobeychris for the files, I'm going to play with them right now and see if I can get what I want.

Now, I have tried again to do the extraction myself... and it works, but there is something that have changed. I was trying to do it from a network share (my main machine is a linux one) and it worked, until I tried imgfsfromnb, this one gave me a 0 bytes imgfs. Is it possible that these tools don't really like being or working on a network share?

Anyway, thanks again, I hope I will have some kind of result soon enough to actually show the world.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:46 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by samueldr View Post
Now, I have tried again to do the extraction myself... and it works, but there is something that have changed. I was trying to do it from a network share (my main machine is a linux one) and it worked, until I tried imgfsfromnb, this one gave me a 0 bytes imgfs. Is it possible that these tools don't really like being or working on a network share?
Haven't tried it, but they shouldn't care as long as the share is mounted. Using a URL probably won't work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development